Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My VSG is scheduled for Aug 17th, and I am already looking into body lift/belt lipectomy for 18 mos-2 years out. I am a bit concerned about the pain and the recovery from such as it does appear as if they actually saw you in half (almost) like a magician. I would definitely be interested in hearing more from anyone who has done that. Someone said 6 week recovery. Um, even if I had cancer I don't think I could take 6 weeks off from my job. FMLA or not, someone else would be doing my job by that time. I was also thinking of getting something akin to the "mom job" then getting the back done later but it DOES seem like just getting everything done at once and having one long down time and one anesthesia bill would be preferable to multiple different procedures over different time periods. Please share your thoughts if you have been through plastics and how it went. Also, hats off to those of you who had good results in Mexico, but after watching a few episodes of "Botched" there is now way I could do that. Your are much braver than I am.

My VSG is scheduled for Aug 17th, and I am already looking into body lift/belt lipectomy for 18 mos-2 years out. I am a bit concerned about the pain and the recovery from such as it does appear as if they actually saw you in half (almost) like a magician. I would definitely be interested in hearing more from anyone who has done that. Someone said 6 week recovery. Um, even if I had cancer I don't think I could take 6 weeks off from my job. FMLA or not, someone else would be doing my job by that time. I was also thinking of getting something akin to the "mom job" then getting the back done later but it DOES seem like just getting everything done at once and having one long down time and one anesthesia bill would be preferable to multiple different procedures over different time periods. Please share your thoughts if you have been through plastics and how it went. Also, hats off to those of you who had good results in Mexico, but after watching a few episodes of "Botched" there is now way I could do that. Your are much braver than I am.

What kind of job do you have? Honestly I had three procedures at once (tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation and arm lift) and I could have gone back to a desk job after a week to 10'days. Wouldn't have been a walk in the park but I could def have done it.

Five weeks out now and completely normal life really. Since about three weeks. But everyone is different

I see no problem is asking those questions, especially on this forum! Also, being a female who enjoys shopping I like to hear what people paid for anything! Lol.

Good luck with whatever plastics you decide.

I know someone who actually worked for me that had lost over 100 lbs. Her insurance paid for her Tummy Tuck because she had "skin touching skin" fold over which puts you at risk for infections. Doctor had to take some pics and send them in but they agreed. That was around 2004. She had her arms done at the same time and paid out of pocket a significantly lower amount since the other cost were cover by ins.

I will be attempting to work this angle and pay for the ams and face transplant out of pocket. I maybe thinner, but still ugly.. ;)

I don't think it's rude to ask on here, although I'll admit that I find it to be a little rude when people ask me about the cost in public. The only people who know about the bulk of my surgeries are my few best friends and they knew the price, but people can see my brachioplasty and they like to ask what it cost. If I bring up my arms, then by all means, I'm open to questions, but when random people at the gym ask me what they cost it makes me really self-conscious about the scars because it reminds me that people really do notice. I'm fortunate that all of my other scars are hidden but I am a little sensitive about the brachioplasty scars, even though I would have them done again (scars are better than wings!). So..not rude on here to ask about pricing! Also, I've answered this question a few other times, so you should be able to also search and find more results.

For your reference, a quick list of my prices:

Tummy tuck: 12K

Breast lift and Augment: 8K

Brachioplasty: 8K

Thigh Lift: 7k

Posterior Body Lift with Auto Augment of the Butt: 8K

Lots of Lipo- roughly around $1800 per area

I also went to a very good, expensive doctor in Florida so I'm sure these procedures are far less expensive in other areas of the country and Mexico. I had two complications (a seroma on my stomach and a giant wound separating abscess on my back) that made me really happy to be able to go back to my doctor to have it fixed for free. Also, my doctor redid my thigh lift because I didn't like the first version which would have been a real hassle if I had to go back to Mexico or travel to another state.

My advice is to focus on weight loss for now and set this aside. The best way to get educated is to go to surgical consults and read realself.com.

Here's the quotes they sent me from Medical tourist corporation...

do you have a link to the website that sent you this?

It's not that it's rude, it's just there are so many variables....Personally I would not want to go to a surgeon that charges everyone the same amount and then does cookie cutter same surgeries on everyone...I have had enough of that...I would say do your own homework, and send pictures and have online/phone consults with several doctors and they will be more than happy to give you a price. I would feel really bad if someone on here gave me a price of their surgery and then I called and was given a different price. I got about 5-7 different quotes so I could choice the best surgeon and also make sure his pricing fell in line with others.. Also do not be afraid of in the United States Plastic Surgeons prices, I was and later found out some of the very best fall in line with out of the country surgeons. If I were you, I would also give Dr. Peter Fisher in San Antonio TX a call, you just might be very surprised.