Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I paid $6500 for Tummy Tuck and breast reduction in Alabama.

Tummy tuck FREAKIN HURTS! Lol!

@rnsleever. Ya it hurts a lot. I was praising the inventor of pain pills. However. For me, I turned a corner about 12-14 days post op and quit bitching and started being thankful it was done.. Beauty hurts ...as my mother would say...I didn't get that saying til later ⭐️

Wow! I vote for Alabama, LOl.

Mine was 23K for Tummy Tuck, arm lift and breast lift with implants (about 2k less with no implants).

Honestly for me the pain wasn't that bad! I was off narcotics by day 3.

It was worse than WLS but not nearly as bad as I anticipated. It sure hurt! But was over quickly and only maybe a 7/10--nice thing about having it all done simultaneously is I was so out of it the pain was less I think. And the tummy pain distracted me from the arm and boob pain, LOL!

@@CowgirlJane That made me Lol!

@@RNsleever715 That's what I'm afraid of..PAIN! I never should have watched a procedure on YouTube! It's brutal!!

I don't think its really rude.. most people who I talked to who were sharing the details of their plastics were happy to talk about it.. whether they financed, how they financed or if insurance covered anything..

God.. Now I don't know if I want any. LOL

I too was afraid of the pain in advance as so many people report terrible pain. I did not experience that. I stayed in the clinic for 3 days where pain was managed with pain drugs. After that it was basically tylonol. The worst pain was having the drain removed after it had developed some adhesions but that was a very short lived (like a minute or two), intense pain.

Again, the hardest part was the forced inactivity, the tiredness and just how long it took to be normal again.

Umm just saying, I went back to work in 6 days, drain tubes and all... And did the reduction/tummy tuck as an outpatient procedure. Coming from someone who handles pain well, I was taking the pain pills & Valium religiously. My mom was even shocked! I wound up overdoing it (that's how I roll) and had the doc on my case because I was retaining Fluid etc. He said he did "extensive muscle repair" so that might've been the reason for my severe pain/cramps. I am pleased with the results and would do it again!!!

PS I had my drains removed after 2 weeks.... Omg. I wouldn't calling it "pulling" the drains out. More like RIPPING. I developed adhesions to the tubes as well. Kill me now lol

While I don't know exact costs, I can suggest calling around or doing a search on the internet for pricing. We had a plastic surgeon come to our support group meeting a few months ago, and he went over all aspects of each surgery, and their costs. Most were not (big surprise) covered by insurance. He also said there were payment plans available with most surgeons' offices. Not much info, I know, but perhaps a starting point? Good luck to you!

PS. If you're going somewhere else for your surgery, may I suggest it be an awesome place to have a mini-vacation prior to your surgery???! May as well have some fun in the process!

I was outpatient too. And as I said pain wasn't nearly as bad as I expected--the exhaustion was worse. And my drains hurt coming out, but not too bad--I had them only 5 days and they stopped draining entirely so I got to have them out!!

Overall it was TOTALLY worth it!

I know someone who actually worked for me that had lost over 100 lbs. Her insurance paid for her Tummy Tuck because she had "skin touching skin" fold over which puts you at risk for infections. Doctor had to take some pics and send them in but they agreed. That was around 2004. She had her arms done at the same time and paid out of pocket a significantly lower amount since the other cost were cover by ins.

This is actually what I hopefully will get mine covered with post weight loss. I have a pretty huge fat overhang as is, after having 7 kids, so if I lose weight, that skin isn't going back, it's going down further and at some point that baby could be rubbing the knees or lower(scary thought) but my insurance does have a surgery they will do to correct that because of the skin infection risks and "loss of quality of life" so I'm hoping to pay for my breast lift/augmentation and arm and thigh lifts at the same time. I wish they offered the same for a saggy bottom, but who knows! LOL I have noticed that most plastic surgeons I've been looking into do offer financing so as long as you've got decent credit it wouldn't be too hard to get one of those finance plans.

@Elode.... I don't think it's rude at all. With that being said..... I had my TT 2012 the total cost was $8800... This covered everything.... dr, garment, pre op, surgery, night in after care... and all the Morphine my thumb could press. I went home the next after noon with lovenox shots (2x a day's worth) and pain meds. I slept in my recliner for the first few nights. It was most comfortable for me. By day three i was walking down the block. I was still hunched over, but the more i walked the better it got. I was back to work in 12 days... i did my TT over a holiday so i could have more days to rest. I could have gone back in a week... i was driving in 5 days.

That being said.... i picked a dr that was local, in case i had issues, that did surgery in a surgery center (not office), i had his cell # and could call him at any time, But one of the biggest reasons.... NO DRAIN TUBES.... and he sutured from the inside and glued the top... No staples.

I also had two C-sections and would said that the pain for me was no more than that. In fact i just threw out the rest of the pain meds because they expired.

This is my end result... I took this not long ago. the scare is barely noticeable... In fact i had to lighten up the pic so it can be seen. also, it is about 2" above my pubic area so i can wear most any style panties or bikini and it never shows. I know in this pic it looks higher so here are a few more.

first pic is most recent... three years out

second pic was at 8 weeks out

third 6 months out

fourth at one year

post-74134-0-11436000-1437075172_thumb.jpg

post-74134-0-27844400-1437076668_thumb.jpg

post-74134-0-56818800-1437076760_thumb.jpg

post-74134-0-64744300-1437076769_thumb.png

@Babbs.... my beautiful girl..... i did my TT at 44.... so worth it. I feel so much better, look better, clothes fit better, can exercise better. Everything is better..... The best $8800 i ever spent.

I proud to say that on the 29th i will be 47 and im in the best shape i have been in since my twenties.....