Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

small amounts post-op of mushy foods, like eggs, cottage cheese, strained cream of ____ Soup, refried Beans, yogurt with no fruit chunks (look out for seeds). I craved scrambled eggs with cheese - on Day 3 post-op they were delicious!

I just started this phase a couple of days ago. So far, the things that have been sitting the best for me are refried Beans and cottage cheese. eggs and yogurt did not sit well. I may try introducing them again later on, but even just these 2 new items after 2 weeks of Protein Shakes makes me quite happy!

I have a scrambled egg or cottage cheese and unsweetened applesauce for Breakfast, lunch is normally tuna salad and 2 saltines (they instantly dissolve so they go down very easily), and dinner I have had grilled salmon, turkey meatloaf (this one hurt because it was a bit dry so it hurt to eat and I couldn't' get it mushy enough). Last night I had Maryland crab Soup and drained the broth and removed the corn kernels. I also was able to pick the meat from 2 small crabs and had that at lunch. I'm finding I can convert most anything mush (except steak). The biggest problem is when I cook for the family, the leftovers now are enough for me to eat for a month lol. I need to learn to cook less now :)

I just started this phase yesterday.

Yesterday, I had two over easy fried eggs (in PAM), tuna w/2 TBL of plain Greek yogurt, and for dinner I had a piece of poached fish. All went well with no issues.

Today, for Breakfast I tried scrambled eggs and couldn't eat the entire two eggs. Scrambled didn't cause me any problems, but they just took up more room, I guess. I'm having tuna w/plain yogurt again for lunch.

I'm loving the savory tastes after all my Protein shakes being sweet for the past three plus weeks!

I'm one week into pureed stage and it's going pretty well. I've had one scrambled egg for a meal, which was very filling. I have also gotten into low sodium chicken or turkey breast cold-cuts. About 2-3 slices is 2 oz of Protein, sometimes I put a little goat cheese on it and it is extremely satisfying and filling. The cold-cuts are also great because they are moist and easy to have in tiny pieces. Also a small portion of salmon was delicious, and I agree with the above - after all the weeks of chocolate Protein shakes, it was great to move on to my savory foods.

I tried greek yogurt 2x and it did not sit well with me AT ALL so I'm moving on from that for now. I made chocolate pudding with muscle milk instead of regular milk and that came out decently well. Portioned it and added a little spoonful of sugar free cool-whip on top. Great dessert. I still have broth, Protein Shakes and sugar free ice pops when I am in the mood/need to get more Protein in.

So, a lot of the food is not actually puréed? You can eat sliced deli meat and scrambled eggs? That's exciting! I was thinking I had to put everything through the blender.

Are you having the tuna with low fat mayo?

I have not blended anything, I just chew, chew, chew. My NUT told me to chew until it is the consistency of applesauce. It's a really tough habit when I am so used to chewing 2 or 3 times and swallowing. I have made the mistake once or twice when I wasn't paying attention. I suffered dearly! I didn't get sick, but it sat like a rock at my esophagus level.

With my plan, it's not necessarily pureed. But all post op plans are different. If I were you, I'd check with my surgeon and/or nutritionist.

So, a lot of the food is not actually puréed? You can eat sliced deli meat and scrambled eggs? That's exciting! I was thinking I had to put everything through the blender.
Are you having the tuna with low fat mayo?

Here's my plan:

10 days = Clear liquids

10 days = full liquids

2 weeks = soft foods

6 - 12 months (or until I've reached ~75% of excess weight lost = all foods, except bread, crackers, Pasta, etc.

I actually used 0% Greek yogurt in the place of light mayo. It tastes just as good and gives me another 2-3 grams of Protein. I did hit my tuna salad with a processor a couple times, just to make it smoother. Will continue that for another week or so, just to be safe.

Make sure you check with what your own surgeon/NUT requirements are. For me, any type of meat that I eat does have to go in the blender/food processor first. Everyone's stages are a little different.

I have 5 more days then I start my pree I can't wait!!! Lol

I am finished my full liquid stage on Saturday. My instructions say the next stage is soft food as opposed to pureed food. But it does say to chew everything until it is a pureed consistency in your mouth. Then it says:

Soft Foods Include:
Protein Foods:
Canned tuna, salmon, crabmeat (well picked); canned chicken or turkey, or very thinly sliced chicken/turkey deli meat; peanut butter; tofu or other soy based meats; liver, cooked Beans, low fat cheese, eggs.
Vegetables:
Vegetables must be soft, well steamed or boiled. Good choices are: carrots, beets,
mushrooms, spinach, squash, green Beans, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, onions
Fruits:
Fruits must be soft, peeled and cored and non-citrus. Good choices are: apples, peaches, pears, bananas, and cantaloupe
Starches:
AVOID all starches including: rice, potatoes, bread, corn, crackers
Fats:
Limit the amounts of the following: Small amounts of margarine, olive oil, or cooking
spray (Pam); low fat mayo or salad dressing. Avoid GREASY, FRIED FOODS

Edited by rainnie1976

@@rainnie1976

Great info Thx!!!!?!!

Has anyone used the Magic Bullet or NutriBullet for the puree or mushy/soft foods phase? I was thinking of purchasing one. However, I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it. I can't really have smoothies as I'm allergic to raw veggies and fresh fruit. I'd love to hear your thoughts or ideas on how you use it/them. Thanks

I have a Ninja type thing that is kinda like the bullet and I used it yesterday. I put one of the premade vanilla shakes in and added 4 frozen strawberries. It was delicious. Made it more thick and frothy like a real shake and I loved it.

Now I am just in my 6 month dieting but I plan to do the same latter too.

Edited by MIMISAN