Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me it gets easier.... ????

One week post op and I already feel like I made a bad decision. I keep telling myself 'I'll be able to eat that again one day' but facing the reality that 'One day' is pretty darn far down the road... I just wanna freakin cheeseburger. (I said the same thing when I was in labor and couldn't eat anything..) tell me some reassuring things that will change my state of mind!!!

Sounds like you need to address your eating habits about how you plan on eating better now that you've gone through all this. You have to eat for fuel not taste.

It does get better, but please get your heart off wanting a cheeseburger, you will not loose weight if you go back to old eating habits

I would agree that you should be re-evaluating your relationship with food as I strongly believe that is the key to success but there are things you can't eat now that you will be able to eat once again. In my own case, I was eating regular solid foods that I enjoyed after about 4 weeks although that is ahead of the desired schedule. My advice is really consider your reasons for surgery and weigh those against the temporary satisfaction of a cheeseburger. I have found that ordering from kids meals will at least provide a taste of indulgence but I

I would agree that you should be re-evaluating your relationship with food as I strongly believe that is the key to success but there are things you can't eat now that you will be able to eat once again. In my own case, I was eating regular solid foods after about 4 weeks although that is ahead of the desired schedule. My advice is to really consider your reasons for surgery and weigh those against the temporary satisfaction of a cheeseburger. I have found that ordering from kids meals will at least provide a taste of indulgence but I have also learned from my support group that for many that can become a very dangerous road. I wish you luck post-op and encourage you to remember your purpose for having the surgery.

I have researched and experimented with new ingredients and a new way of eating and that has really helped me. There are so many healthy foods out there that are truly delicious; you just have to find what works for you.

It's completely normal. You're tired, head hungry, sore, and are saying to yourself "What have I done?!" Most of us go through it early on. It passes.

Like what was said before, you may want a cheeseburger now, but once you get going, you are going to find you are only going to want to eat healthy, WLS friendly foods. I know that's hard to believe, but it's true! Will you crave some foods still? Yup. But the healthier you eat, the more you can keep those cravings at bay.

Besides, you will have a cheeseburger months down the road. It may be lean beef or turkey with no bun, but you can still have it ;) Like I said, you just make your favorites more WLS friendly!

Let me tell u that it gets better and better every single day!!!!! I'll be 2 weeks out tomorrow and I felt the same way last week and a few days after surgery.... I couldn't get any fluids down at all.... and now 2 weeks later I'm getting all my fluids in.... The pain is gone....and I can finally have a good night sleep sleeping on my side.... go easy and allow your body the time it needs to heal properly....with each day that passes it will get easier!!!! You'll see!!!

It's completely normal. You're tired, head hungry, sore, and are saying to yourself "What have I done?!" Most of us go through it early on. It passes.

Like what was said before, you may want a cheeseburger now, but once you get going, you are going to find you are only going to want to eat healthy, WLS friendly foods. I know that's hard to believe, but it's true! Will you crave some foods still? Yup. But the healthier you eat, the more you can keep those cravings at bay.

Besides, you will have a cheeseburger months down the road. It may be lean beef or turkey with no bun, but you can still have it ;) Like I said, you just make your favorites more WLS friendly!

You're exactly right. I'm thinking it's not that I want a cheeseburger... It's that I can't have it which makes me want it... I have also been craving extremely healthy things. I've always been a fruit and veggie eater rather than chips and pizza or something. Just two years ago I was 194 lbs. In the time since then I've been stressed, pregnant, and lazy. Put on 100 lbs from it. I just want so badly to be back to where I was. And I think part of my regret is just thinking too hard into the future. "Will I ever drink my favorite wine again?" I just permanently restricted myself for life on a lot of things.

Let me tell u that it gets better and better every single day!!!!! I'll be 2 weeks out tomorrow and I felt the same way last week and a few days after surgery.... I couldn't get any fluids down at all.... and now 2 weeks later I'm getting all my fluids in.... The pain is gone....and I can finally have a good night sleep sleeping on my side.... go easy and allow your body the time it needs to heal properly....with each day that passes it will get easier!!!! You'll see!!!

It makes me happy to hear that from you since you're one week ahead of me! I can see the light!! Lol I am having one heck of a time getting my Protein in.. Water, I can do.. protein not so much

Yup same thing here!!!! Water was definitely easier to get down at first then the Protein after... Just give it some time...

Edited by Sleevefornellie

BELIEVE ME I was right there with you when I first began back in December. It was rough in the beginning, but what you come to realize is that it's not just a body transformation you're aiming for. It's a lifestyle change. And you can totally do it. I know you can :) Give yourself credit, you've gotten all this way! And still more to go. Focus on one thing at a time. If you focus on the things too far up the road, you'll end up tripping over smaller obstacles right in front of you and then they become bigger issues than they were to begin with, know what I mean? Good luck to you!!

Trust me, once you're able to eat a cheeseburger, you won't want one anymore! I understand though... First week post op is HARD! I hated it. Cried countless times and also regretted having this surgery. But now, 2 weeks later, I made it and am eating solid foods again. Do I still get cravings? Hell yeah. But we need to eat better for ourselves. Of course I'll eat something that maybe others wouldn't recommend, but who doesn't every once in a while? I, too, want a cheeseburger though but won't risk it right now???? I'm still in the losing phase and want to eat healthily and make the most out of what I can now in the early stages. But it does get better, even though I know that's hard to believe right now.