Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CALLING ALL OF DR, JAMIE PONCE DE, LEON'S PATIENTS!

Hi, I am eager to know more about Dr. Ponce De, Leon. I was supposed to go with Dr Fernando Garcia this past may but I started getting a bad feeling as time got closer so I backed out. So I am still searching and really like Dr, Ponce De, Leon. If you already went to him in Tijuana Mexico please give me more feed back if you can. I want to try and have the surgery done right after Thanksgiving God spare. Also if there is someone else looking to go around that time please let me know so wee can plan it all together and arrive together☺

I am considering to go this fall too. Working on getting my $ in order. But waiting for response regarding the package that includes 2 yr post-op follow up with list of US doctors as well as the nutrition, etc.

Sounds great 2beless15 ☺ where are you from? I'm from Louisiana. Many we can travel together☺

I have heard many good things about Dr. Ponce, and considered going to him, but he did not do a single incision procedure, which is what I want. I did go with Dr. Garcia, and couldn't be happier. I will admit his pre-op coordinator leaves something to be desired and you wonder if they have their act together, but it was pretty much perfect in every other way. The doctor, hospital, nurses, hotel, drivers were all fantastic. I will also tell you i know people who had surgery with Drs. Cabrera and Venuzuela, and they were equally as pleased as I. Let me know if you have other questions.

Thank you scrubce ☺ I have already paid my deposit with Dr, Garcia at Tijuana Bariatrics. There are so many to choose from. Dr Ponce looks to great, its just his price is a little higher. Atalia is my coordinator.

Atalia was my post-op coordinator and she was nice. I had a different pre-op coordinator who was very unorganized. But you will be in good hands and will do great.

Thank you scrubce☺ I let my nerves get the best of me in may and ended up backing out of my surgery. I have everything still packed and ready to go. I had all the money as well, well I'm saving up because I ended up spending $2000 out of it for house bills. I should be ready come October/November God Spare☺ I'm going to have my gallbladder removed also.

I'm researching surgeons now and have to admit that my head is swimming a little, haha. According to the Mexican Bariatric Center site, Dr. Ponce does do the Single Incision Gastric Sleeve, but I haven't seen that mentioned on his own site or in the material Trish sent to me.

http://www.mexicobariatricprocedure.com

http://www.mexicobariatriccenter.com/single-incision-weight-loss-surgery/

Does anyone have a definitive answer about this? Did Dr. Ponce only recently begin to offer the single incision? Are there any known disadvantages to the single incision procedure?

What medical facility does Dr. Ponce use, and how does that compare to others? I struggle with brutal insomnia, which tends to kick down my immune system because I don't sleep adequately. Even though I'm not a prima donna expecting anything luxurious, a place that is air conditioned, private, and reasonably comfortable would be so beneficial to this process. The hotels look lovely but I haven't heard as much about the facilities themselves.

Sorry to pile in a lot of questions! :)

In dealing with his coordinator, I was specifically told he does not do the single incision procedure. This was in early June of this year. I think Dr. Ponce actually works for two different centers, so they may be promoting his services differently depending on which one you are dealing with. Another surgeon I considered was Dr. Francisco Gonzalez of Medical Tourism Mexico. He also does the single incision and is very highly regarded with great reviews. He and Dr. Garcia have comparable records. I ended up going with Dr. Garcia and am still really pleased, but I am certain I would have been happy with either.

They usually won't do a single site procedure if your BMI is >50. They may also refuse to do it if you have ever had abdominal surgery before.

In dealing with his coordinator, I was specifically told he does not do the single incision procedure. This was in early June of this year. I think Dr. Ponce actually works for two different centers, so they may be promoting his services differently depending on which one you are dealing with. Another surgeon I considered was Dr. Francisco Gonzalez of Medical Tourism Mexico. He also does the single incision and is very highly regarded with great reviews. He and Dr. Garcia have comparable records. I ended up going with Dr. Garcia and am still really pleased, but I am certain I would have been happy with either.

Thank you for the information. :)

My BMI is 30, so I don't think that would be an issue. Did you have any concerns about the single incision surgery? Are there higher risk factors? Does the sleeve work exactly the same? Sorry to pack in so many questions. I haven't been able to find that much information about it yet.

I am scheduled for the single incision surgery with Dr. Ponce in January. Trish is my coordinator.