Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Post-Op - Pureed food!

I had my RNY done on 6/22. Recovery was a breeze and I'm back to work this week. I also graduated from the liquid diet to pureed food this week.

Kinda confused on what I can eat but I picked up some thicker Soups for a start and of course, my bff Greek Yogurt.

Today, I had some cottage cheese.

OMG. It tasted AMAZING. Like - I cannot believe how great it tasted.

I also have had this weird feeling all over my tongue like I've been sucking on a cotton ball...no matter how much I brush my teeth or how much Water I drink, it's there. I emailed my NUT and she suggested some sugar free candy to suck on. So I picked up some peppermints and they tasted amazing too!!

I feel I'm eating for the first time ever all over again!!

Also, who stalled out at week 2? The scale hasn't moved since Wednesday.

Hi there! I had my surgery just three days before you on 6/19. I graduated to puréed foods Sunday. It's been great to finally eat food again; really anything other than the Protein shakes! I've been trying something new everyday. Some things I've had are refried Beans with some cheese melted on top, puréed tuna and egg salad, ricotta cheese with some marinara and cheese on top, as well as various puréed fruits and veggies. All have gone well. It's amazing though how little it takes to feel full.

I have not experienced any hunger since surgery. I'm trying to eat something every 2-3 hours.

When you have your little meal and fill up- how long till your hungry again?

My dr said to consider this stage the "grazing" stage. Eat smalls amounts often. I had some oatmeal this morning and would take a few bites with the baby spoon then a while later do that again. It's probably really tough to do that though if you're working. Thankfully I'm on summer break so I can experiment. Best of luck!

I just started puréed diet as well. I was wondering about cottage cheese- is it ok in its regular form or do you have to blend it also? Maybe a silly question but I'm trying to do everything right!!! :)

I've been blending mine mine. My plan says no "chunks."

I blended my cottage cheese when I was in the pureed stage, but now that I've moved to "soft foods", I don't blend it anymore.

Thanks! Better to be safe anyway I guess. I tried the ricotta and marinara blended for lunch and it was yum!! Everything is tasting so good. Even yogurt flavors I never really cared for before. Since being on liquids for so long, it's all amazing!

Hi! Surgery date: June 24th. Doing good. Trying to make sure I do everything by the book. Starting puréed today. All your suggestions are very helpful. I had question about the refried Beans at this stage Do I heat right out of the can, as is, or do I add broth? And can I just use shredded cheddar to melt on top or does it matter what kind of cheese. Also with scrambled eggs. Do you make them then purée?

I was told scrambled eggs are not in puréed but in soft foods - next week for me.

I heat the Beans right out of the can and just add a little shredded cheese. If the beans are too thick for you, you could add broth to thin them out. When I do scrambled eggs, I cook them, put them in the food processor with either some shredded cheese or a wedge of laughing cow cheese and blend. I can't have straight scrambled eggs until next week when I start soft foods.

The cotton feeling in your mouth could be thrush. Check to see if your tongue and cheeks look normal and pink!

In my program you cant have eggs until week 8. They have stated that they can cause blockage.

I have made tuna this week and brought it to work, very tasty. Also have eaten part of a pickle, as long as you chew and chew.