Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting off the depo sleeved 2-25-15

I had two depo shots and I was due for my 3rd July 2nd but it was making me Vitamin D deficient so I didn't take it. I'm trying to be birth control free and taking precautions against getting pregnant but has anyone gotten pregnant after they were off depo? If so when?post-245135-14361357680435_thumb.jpg

There are about 1001 methods of birth control and most are healthier than depo which can also contribute to weight gain. Depo seriously depletes your bones of Calcium and if you are under 29 years old it can prevent your bones from EVER maxing out your bone density. You should discuss the benefits and risks of each with your doctor. There are several low dose birth control pills, iuds, and many other methods. I believe there is also a low dose weekly patch version of "the pill." If you are capable of getting a period you can conceive. You can also be fertile for several weeks before you actually get a period if you are coming off depo. So please consider one hormonal method (patch, ring, pill) and one barrier method (condoms, diaphragm, etc), and/or an iud. IUDs are THE most effective form of birth control out there. Of course consult with your Dr. for what is best for you.

Sorry, no. When I stopped using Depo I had a period that lasted 18 months, was passing clots the size of my fist, flooding a pad every 15 minutes. A D&C didn't stop it. Multiple doses of BC pills all taken at once didn't stop it. They even tried Premarin high doses and that didn't stop it. I finally had to have an ablation and that solved the problem.

Depo is nasty stuff. I'd talk with your doctor about all the options available and what's best for you.

I got pregnant two weeks after musing a depo shot. But I sm freakishly fertile for a larger lady lol. So be careful. I used a none hormonal copper iud before but bleed constantly for over a year but I here the low hormone doss iud is pretty good. I'm back on depo but I'm due for next shot week of surgery so will give it a miss. I like it because I don't get periods at all on it which is great but I also get a massive pimple outbreak a month after each shot n really retain Water. Sigh. Each method comes with it ups and downs. Yet to find the perfect one.