Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A couple of months ago I got really drunk after a competitive gorge at Outback Steakhouse. My girlfriend and I agreed we ought to consider losing weight. We googled weight loss online and came up with WLS in Columbia. Heard the doctors down there won't ask you to quit smoking. We just looked for the cheapest rate and made our appointments. Our doctor (?) suggested a two week liquid diet - the last 3 days - Clear Liquids only. We did 11 days without cheating, except for adding Butterfinger candy Bars & Kahlua to our Premier shakes (yummy) & blending cheeseburgers into beef broth for a wonderful infused broth! We were required to only consume clear liquids the 3 days before our $1199 surgery. It wasn't easy but voda, white wine and tequila shots got us through. Surgery was a piece of cake. Didn't feel a thing thanks to our THC edibles. Just sucked on the hard candy option. Wonderful! We are now back on our liquid diet,,,see above and looking forward to having Doritos and Ruffles in a few more days. We were told you really want to test these new stomachs for leaks so we are working on it. We are avoiding fruits and vegetables since they contain ruffage which just sounds awful! The only real problem we have encountered and this one is major...is that we have hit an 18 hour stall. This seems like the end of the world and we don't know what to do. Just so glad this forum exists so we can laugh at people dumber than we are. Well, back to sip, sip, sip...please pass the Vodca. By the way, since it's been a week already, don't you think everyone should be noticing my weightloss?

Woah! Just woke up! What a dream! I take my new life extremely seriously but I find alot to laugh about trying to judge the rest of the world.

I normally stay out of drama on this board but this really bothered me. This is a place of support. Not a place to make fun of others. People won't want to open up and ask questions if they feel like they're going to be judged instead of helped. None of us were perfect or else we wouldn't have needed to have surgery.

I am so sorry this came across the way you read it, I love this forum and only was trying to lighten the mood, It is so extreme, I was only hoping to create some humor. My apologies,no offense is meant!

Haha, I took your post as it was intended- to be funny.

How was your post supposed to be funny? It sounded like all other people ive met that are trying to make fun of over weight people doing a bariatric surgery.

She has graciously apologized and explained it was not meant to be anything other than humorous. That is enough.

I also happened to find it humorous. Every post is open to subjection.

That made me laugh! I took it for what it is. However some people will get offended because people do make fun of over weight people; not only for being fat, but for making the decision to have WLS. Some people actually get bullied for having WLS. I know you didn't mean any harm but you have to think of others who might not take it so lightly...

Thank you, I appreciate the clarification.

I was actually wondering where you got surgery for $1,199.00

Edited by septappt

Hilarious OP! Thanks for the laffs.

And you over-sensitive idiots should find a new forum where you can wipe each other's tears 24/7 and virtually braid each other's hair.

I laughed when I read it. Nice to have a little levity. Thanks for the laugh!

Edited by septappt

A couple of months ago I got really drunk after a competitive gorge at Outback Steakhouse. My girlfriend and I agreed we ought to consider losing weight. We googled weight loss online and came up with WLS in Columbia. Heard the doctors down there won't ask you to quit smoking. We just looked for the cheapest rate and made our appointments. Our doctor (?) suggested a two week liquid diet - the last 3 days - Clear liquids only. We did 11 days without cheating, except for adding Butterfinger candy Bars & Kahlua to our Premier shakes (yummy) & blending cheeseburgers into beef broth for a wonderful infused broth! We were required to only consume clear liquids the 3 days before our $1199 surgery. It wasn't easy but voda, white wine and tequila shots got us through. Surgery was a piece of cake. Didn't feel a thing thanks to our THC edibles. Just sucked on the hard candy option. Wonderful! We are now back on our liquid diet,,,see above and looking forward to having Doritos and Ruffles in a few more days. We were told you really want to test these new stomachs for leaks so we are working on it. We are avoiding fruits and vegetables since they contain ruffage which just sounds awful! The only real problem we have encountered and this one is major...is that we have hit an 18 hour stall. This seems like the end of the world and we don't know what to do. Just so glad this forum exists so we can laugh at people dumber than we are. Well, back to sip, sip, sip...please pass the Vodca. By the way, since it's been a week already, don't you think everyone should be noticing my weightloss?

Woah! Just woke up! What a dream! I take my new life extremely seriously but I find alot to laugh about trying to judge the rest of the world.

????????????

At first I was like whoa then I was like she is really out there then my last thought was oh this is "tongue in cheek" humor! I've seen and read your other posts so I knew you weren't being serious ????. To those who did not realize this wasn't intended to belittle WLS please check out other threads that Shustar had posted to and know she is serious about her journey.

Michelle