Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss in 6 months

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing great.

I was banded in October 2014, with my pre-op diet and first two months post-op I was able to lose a bit over 30lbs. That's where the number is since December 2014, I have not lost any weight since. My band adjustments have been very small 0.3-0.4cc each time so I'm still not in a green zone as the Dr.s here in Canada do not give big fills. I have 7cc in my 10cc band and I'm hungry all the time, I can pretty much eat anything and everything if I want to. My coworker that had the band at the same time she has been tight from the day one and lost 70lbs so far but I know everyone is different so I'm just hoping to get in to green zone soon.

It's hard now being summer and camping season not to drink alcoholic beverages but I hope once I get in to green zone that I will start losing again

I do workout 4-5 times/week

Just wondering if anyone was in the same boat and how did you overcome frustration and started losing again

@@Hope41 Protein!! You have to get in the habit of eating all your Protein first (instead of mixing or going for the carbs first). Add unflavored Protein Powder to your morning meal (into yogurt works). I was banded for 5 years, just had it removed last week and doing the sleeve in Sept. I only lost 40lbs and could never be filled more than 3.5cc in a 10cc band due to severe restriction. I feel your pain but i also know I didn't follow perfectly. Just from personal experience, stick to the protein first and foremost and make sure you really are getting at least 64oz a day. Oh and Water water water!! Add lemon if you struggle. Good luck!

Edited by buttercup06

When are you eligible for a fill again? Hope that you are able to get to the green zone soon so you are not battling the appetite monster. The links below in my signature really helped me; maybe they will help you, too. Best wishes!

Oh, and I have been an exerciser for years but it turns out I was just shy of what I really need in order to "get there." Maybe add a little time and see what happens?

Love the Protein first remark above. I have been occasionally using GENEPRO Protein powder which is tasteless, a powder which I can add to my yogurt or whatever. Note yogurt is a slider for me unless I have mix-ins, like walnuts, a little gluten-free Cereal, etc. I need something to chew on in order to achieve satiety (again, links below helped me understand all of this). No sliders, that's my rule. My other rule is eat when I'm hungry and don't eat if I'm not hungry. I never eat Breakfast now -- all that most important meal of the day blah-blah-blah. That's over for me.

They don't allow us fills until your 4-6 weeks markups so I won't get another fill for 3 more weeks. One day at a time is all I can do????