Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am experiencing heartburn just drinking water....I have tried to drink room temperature Water but It's not helping. I had a hernia repair done with my sleeve procedure and wonder if that could be the problem too....I need relief BAD! Please help!!

Acid reflux is a very common side effect of VSG. Call your surgeon and ask for a PPI....proton pump inhibitor. Nexuim, Prilosec, Prevacid. Or you can buy the OTC versions. Besides being terribly uncomfortable, acid reflux can do a lot of damage to the esophagus, don't wait.

Do you have any Tums or Rolaids? They will help temporarily. I hope the doctor calls you back soon.

Completely agree -- talk to your Dr. Hope you hear back soon.

I'm taking 20mg Famotidine (Pepcid) in the morning and 40mg at night. I think it's still working itself out as I feel like I may have acid reflux as I type. It's s few hours before I can take my next dose. I didn't notice any issues the first few days.

I've noticed that eating later in the evening may aggravate this for me. I think yogurt possibly aggravates this for me as well. I didn't have this issue prior to surgery and am hoping that it clears up as my body heals and I drop weight.

Edited by no onions

My reflux is getting worse. I wake up every morning between 5 and 6 am with acid in my throat. I have to get up and chew 2 OTC Pepcids then take my Rx Pepcid and in about 30-40 minutes I feel some relief. Guess I need to call dr to see about a stronger prescription.

But I wonder what the heck is causing this? I agree about the yogurt. I think it is aggravatingthe reflux. I have switched to soy yogurt that I found at Whole Foods and it did not bother me this morning. Small steps. I just wish I knew what is going on with this morning thing.

Doctor has called me in some drops to take as I am post op 5 days. I was on RX meds for this before and now this hernia has been repaired It's made it worse. Still having issues getting my Protein in...working on just keeping myself hydrated.

@@lowflyby74

Feel better soon!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches