Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Go Outside And Play

Here is an article with 50 Tips for Taking Fitness Outside from Experience Life magazine.

https://experiencelife.com/article/50-tips-for-taking-fitness-outside/

What is your favorite or most unique outside fitness activity. Mine is swimming.

Running, biking and hiking. I started doing push ups/dips and other exercises during my runs just to break things up and increase the challenge.

I love tennis! We were rained out this morning though. Bummer.

I love tennis! We were rained out this morning though. Bummer.

It's been raining/storming here, too.

I am looking forward to playing tennis again. I played in high school on the tennis team but haven't played since college. My dad, in his seventies, plays 2 or 3 times a week.

@@Inner Surfer Girl My mom still plays 2-3 times per week and she is 85. She is also a dinky size 4. Not sure I even like her! LOL

Going shopping with my friend karen. I swear I must do at least 8 miles at a fast pace by the time we get back to the car ;-)

On a more serious note, walking the dog. I can talk about my day, stomp up and down hills five minutes from my front door, swear my head off and de-stress and he still loves me. He's a five year old black lab and needs walking a LOT every day.

I am blessed to have him :)

Kate

I ride this bad boy I got for Christmas!

10678655_10204902506018329_6358437161792

I figured out I absolutely love to hike! Who knew? When I was bigger, it was too hard and I really missed out... but now I can go explore all the beautiful hidden places around me. Yesterday my hubby, son, and I hiked up to a lake with blow up rafts and floated around. We were the only ones there and it was amazing!

11403126_10207719330648100_6228033069516

@@Debbieduck4

Beautiful! Idaho has some gorgeous hiking, too.

Something I've also thought about is buying a kayak and going kayaking. Sounds fun!

My elderly neighbors are loving me, and keep me hydrated.

We have had more than our fair share of thunderstorms this year, several times a week. I've been cleaning up mine and my neighbors yards 2 -3 times a week for the past month +. Trees, branches, sticks abound as well as small flash floods washing out around our yards.

It doesn't feel like I'm working that hard but at the end of the day I'm soaked through from sweat, and have the "good" aches and pains. My fitness tracker is very happy too.

Ditto, @Debbieduck4@ukkateuk.

Love hiking/walking with my dog and no longer deliberately avoid the paths with large hills.

I have found that I love exercising in the great outdoors. I have found a passion for hiking and camping. Just recently we went on a paddling trip with some friends. We spent the entire weekend kayaking down a river and camping each night. What fun!! My husband and I went out and brought kayaks after that. We have been having a blast exploring all the waterways near our house. I never in a million years would have guessed I would develop a love of not only exercising, but doing outdoor activities. I tell my surgeon that he must have operated on my brain too- haha.

I find myself going to the gym less and less as I am enjoying the wonderful Florida summer. I also try to swim laps in my pool most days. I guess when the weather begins to transition into winter I will once again make the gym a priority.