Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did y'all decide on a Doctor/facility in Mexico

Newbie fat guy here, definitely going to Mexico for a bypass but i am totally lost on how to choose a doctor and facility. They all sound good. Just wondering how others have decided. Any recommendations are very welcome. I don't really care where in Mexico or cost (they seem very competitive anyway) just want to be safe and have a good experience with a great Surgeon. Thanks all y'all

I am going with dr Elias Ortiz from a lighter me. They have great reviews and a Facebook group where you can ask questions and the Drs are part of the group so they can answer questions too sometimes.

A good friend of mine went to WLF to see Dr Liza Pompa. Wlfmedical.ca

She had an amazing experience, and she's a skeptic at best. I completely trusted her opinions, and then did my own research. I've had no problems so far in my pre-op journey. They make is so, so easy! I was also able to get in during a two week time frame that I requested.

Check them out!

I am going to see Dr. Hidalgo in Puerto Vallarta on Saturday. I chose him because my boyfriend's best friend had the same procedure done in January. He can't say enough about the doctor, medical staff, and facilities.

I did research, and the prices seem pretty close and with the amazing feedback I got from the friend who got it done, I decided to go the same route.

I can keep you posted on if my opinion of Dr. Hidalgo changes once I get it done, if you like. Hopefully there will be nothing bad to report tho!! :)

I'm going to see Dr. Altamirano. He is very nice and the support group is great. I did a lot of research on him and does fantastic work.

I'm going to see Dr. Altamirano. He is very nice and the support group is great. I did a lot of research on him and does fantastic work.

See that's what I am so confused about. I have looked all over the Internet and have not run across a Dr. Altamirano or the previous post Dr. Hidalgo. How did you guys find your Doctors. I am currently leaning to Dr. Louisiana Valenalzuela

because I found her at Mexico Bariatric center she seems to be very qualified and will only do 3 surgeries a day. Also I asked the Facilitator if they were referring a family member who would they choose amd he said DR, V without question. I haven't found any negative about her, so that's where I am at.

Thanks for your replies PS I am down the street from you in Cedar Park

http://www.weightlossteam.com/

Is the site for Dr. Hidalgo. I only sought him out because someone I knew was happy with him.

As long as you do your research and are comfortable in the surgeons care, I'm confident that it will be wonderful with whoever you choose. Good luck! Exciting times ahead

See that's what I am so confused about. I have looked all over the Internet and have not run across a Dr. Altamirano or the previous post Dr. Hidalgo. How did you guys find your Doctors. I am currently leaning to Dr. Louisiana Valenalzuela

because I found her at Mexico Bariatric center she seems to be very qualified and will only do 3 surgeries a day. Also I asked the Facilitator if they were referring a family member who would they choose amd he said DR, V without question. I haven't found any negative about her, so that's where I am at.

Thanks for your replies PS I am down the street from you in Cedar Park

Wow, yes we are close. As long as you are comfortable with your decision, then you are good. I could not find one bad thing on Dr. A and have heard a lot from people who had surgeries from him, that had very little complications. I also watch his Utube videos and they made a lot of sense to me. When are you having surgery? I'm planning on August 11, 2015. I also felt comfortable with the hospital where Dr. A does his surgeries.

I am currently leaning to Dr. Louisiana Valenalzuela

I am going to have a revision from sleeve to bypass done in August, and am also going with Dr. Valenalzuela. Have you decided that is who you are using? When are you going down for your surgery?

When will you have surgery?

I chose to go through BariatricPal and used Dr Jesus Martin Lopez in Tijuana. I was very pleased. He did an excellent job and I had very little pain. Only small bruising around one incision. He did an amazing job. He spoke to me on the phone before I went, and came to see me the evening before at the recovery house to answer any questions and explain the process so I would know what to expect. After I was released from the hospital, I spent one night on the recovery house and he came that evening and went over the x-Rays from my leak test. Now if I have any questions, I just shoot him an email and he responds quickly.

Guest develasco

I did A LOT of research!!! I looked at tons of websites, Facebook pages, etc. I read alot of the forums on here too. You will see positive and negative comments about doctors. I'm not going through bariatricpals... But this has helped a lot too!

I really haven't seen positive or negative comments about the doctor or group I've chose. I'm going through Bariatric Mexico and using dr. Ponce de leon. (he is a bariatricpal physicain). I feel confident in my decision though. An aquaintance had used that group in the past, but a different physician. I "friended" a psychiatrist in Mexico that used Dr. ponce de leon and was very satisfied. I've paid my deposite... I'm hoping to be able to have surgery mid-August! I'm doing the Mini Gastric Bypass. Good luck to everyone!! :)

Thanks to everyone, I have made my decision, Bypass August 1st with Dr. Hidalgo in Puerto Vallarta. I chose Dr, H because I was turned off by some of the other mass marketer (MBC for instance) it just seems like a numbers/sales game. After checking every avenue available, speaking with the facilitator (only one person) and patients I came to the conclusion that Dr. H is not a Doctor that is bragging as to how many thousands of surgeries they have performed (of which if you do the math and compare the years of experience that some doctors are claiming they must have worked 400 days a year and performed 20 surgeries a day)

In the end I feel very comfortable with the my choice especially as I am getting a Bypass which is a more difficult surgery than the sleeve.

Again thanks to a'll y'all

PS dr. Ponce de leon was my second choice.