Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm stick and I'm losing hope!

I'm one month out of surgery today. During my first 2 weeks out, I lost 15lbs. The doctor send I was doing great and that was higher than average. The next week since then I've only lost about 3-4 lbs. The last few days I haven't lost anything, but I've fluctuated up and down a few ounces. I've followed my eating plan, measuring and weighing my ally foos. I'm tracking using My Fitness Pal. I'm back at work so I'm walking 2-3 times per day.

What am I doing wrong? Could it be that this is all the weight I'm going to lose? Did I cut up my body for 15 damn pounds? Leading up to the aurgwry I lost 30 lbs eatong 1200 calories and walking. As good as I was feeling a few weeks ago (right after surgery), I'm feeling disgusted now. I feel like my worst fear about this surgery is coming true... I failed at another attempt to lose weight.

Take a deep breath. I see that you have posted 56 times so you are not new to this site. I know you know that you are ripe for the "dreaded 3 week stall". Unlike every other "diet" you have tried, this is not an excuse to say f it and soothe yourself with food. Relax, follow protocol and look for the article so many post on why we experience a stall. You are cared about and certainly, not alone. I began my stall after my 2nd week and have lost only 2 pounds since for a grand total of 10 pounds post surgery. It is 10 pounds I don't have to play Uber with any more!

It us normal for the body to stall or rest .it will start losing. Again. It needs the break to catch up with the brain after surgery.

I stalled after two weeks for a full week. Now a week later I'm down another 8 lb. it is body readjustment. You are fine. Panic yee not. When I feel stalled I work out a little extra to spur things along. Even when I stalled I was cutting new holes in belt so my pants don't fall. Something good is happening.

Congratulations! You have reached The Dreaded Week-3 Stall. It's perfectly normal, and just about all of us have suffered through it. You're not crazy, and your doctor didn't screw up. In fact, you might not lose any weight for two weeks or even longer. But don't worry – after that, the pounds will start falling off if you stick to your program. And, the inches will continue to come off even while the scale isn't budging. Here's a good article that explains why it happens and why we all have to go through it. Hang in there. Pretty soon it'll be in the rear-view mirror and you'll be dropping weight again!

(Apologies to BP regulars who have seen this repeatedly, but it's a big deal to those who are going through it!)

Congratulations! You have reached The Dreaded Week-3 Stall. It's perfectly normal, and just about all of us have suffered through it. You're not crazy, and your doctor didn't screw up. In fact, you might not lose any weight for two weeks or even longer. But don't worry – after that, the pounds will start falling off if you stick to your program. And, the inches will continue to come off even while the scale isn't budging. Here's a good article that explains why it happens and why we all have to go through it. Hang in there. Pretty soon it'll be in the rear-view mirror and you'll be dropping weight again!

(Apologies to BP regulars who have seen this repeatedly, but it's a big deal to those who are going through it!)

Thanks for the article. I know it's just temporary and I should probably keep track of inches as well as pound so I don't go CRAZY. It's funny, my mind knows the 3 week stall is a real thing, but my emotions are stir crazy ping through it. :-)

I'm 6 weeks out and on my 2nd stall so I hear you! Mine is probably due to not enough fluids due to my work and the stress of that on top of getting sick when I eat any soft food. Back to clear/full liquids especially at work to stretch my shrunken tummy out enough to hold 1/8 to 1/4 cup of food in a few weeks.

My job keeps me from being able to eat over 20 minutes (usually takes 1-1/2 hrs to consume meals even yogurt) on top of the 30/30 Fluid rule so not drinking Water for 2-2 1/2 hours then it's time for my next meal. Going back to work has stressed me out and now I can't eat the way I'm supposed to equals nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite, dehydration, poor nutrition, even smaller stomach, exhaustion, plateau, and more stress!

I've been a mental basket case blubbering at the least provocation and full of rage the next second! Not what I expected at all but per posts here on BP, my daughter, and my best friend this is normal and will pass. I just want to be able to eat food not just exist on liquids forever and I too want to lose more than 16 pounds....I have between 81-91 pounds to hit my goal.

Sigh.....this too shall pass! ????????????

Michelle

I'm 6 weeks out and on my 2nd stall so I hear you! Mine is probably due to not enough fluids due to my work and the stress of that on top of getting sick when I eat any soft food. Back to clear/full liquids especially at work to stretch my shrunken tummy out enough to hold 1/8 to 1/4 cup of food in a few weeks.

My job keeps me from being able to eat over 20 minutes (usually takes 1-1/2 hrs to consume meals even yogurt) on top of the 30/30 Fluid rule so not drinking Water for 2-2 1/2 hours then it's time for my next meal. Going back to work has stressed me out and now I can't eat the way I'm supposed to equals nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite, dehydration, poor nutrition, even smaller stomach, exhaustion, plateau, and more stress!

I've been a mental basket case blubbering at the least provocation and full of rage the next second! Not what I expected at all but per posts here on BP, my daughter, and my best friend this is normal and will pass. I just want to be able to eat food not just exist on liquids forever and I too want to lose more than 16 pounds....I have between 81-91 pounds to hit my goal.

Sigh.....this too shall pass! ????????????

Michelle

I know how yoi feel. My poor son was the victim of my wrath last night. As they say, trust the system, right?

I think part of my problem is that I'm not sleeping right. I'm only getting 5-6 hours a night, and I know from my experience at the start of my journey, that lack of sleep effects my weight loss. Got to get back on track.