Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Varying Degrees of Restriction?

Hi Everyone...... :)

I was Sleeved 5 1/2wks ago with a BMI of 29 (previously had a Lapband for 5 yrs which worked extremely well until it eroded :( . Was removed at the end of Oct 2014).

Anyhoo...I'm finding that my level of restriction differs depending on the time of day. I seem to be able to eat more around the late morning/lunch time and very little by dinner time at night??? :unsure:

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, do you have any idea why????

Any idea's gratefully received!! :)

I do too. I have less restriction in the evening. And even some days vary. Some days I eat a bite or two of food and am stuffed and one day I was able to eat 5 oz of meat in a meal.

I don't know this for a fact, but I've heard that revisions sometimes don't feel as much restriction as a strait up sleeve...but if those of you revisions want to chime in and let me know if that's true or not that would be great...

But with me, who is not a revision, it varies from day to day. Some days I feel like I can eat so much and barely feel restriction, and other days I eat 3 bites and I'm stuffed. It's really weird!

Thanks for replying Girls :rolleyes:

Good to know I'm not alone and it's like that for me too. Some days I can eat more than others, but it's always much less at night like what you've both been describing...3 teaspoons full and I'm done!!

I've yet to find a reason for it though??? :mellow: I have my follow up on the 15th so will ask the Surgeon then what he makes of it???

Because I am a Revision, I don't know if I'm feeling less restriction than if I was a straight up Sleever?? I have a suspicion because my adhesions from the Lapband were moderate in degree that the size of the bougie he used probably wasn't as small as it could've been (and I asked for the smallest!! :lol: ). Again, will clarify that when I see him.

Yes, I lost 56 kg's (123IB's) with the Band and weighed 54 kg's (119Ib's) when I fell pregnant with my daughter in Dec 2014. My band eroded (though none of us knew it) when I was about 23wks pregnant (so couldn't do a barium swallow xray to confirm) and I literally woke up one morning and had lost all restriction (a leaking port or tube was suspected) which led to regaining weight to the tune of 30kg's (66 Ib's) by the time I was sleeved in May this year :(

Am aiming to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight but wondering if it's too ambitious?? Have about 18kg's (39Ib's) to go!!!

Edited by BrisvegasGirl