Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 1/2 weeks out and I'm doing great

I'm doing great but I'm a little worried I can eat pretty much anything I want and seems like I can handle almost as much as I want. But in scared I'm stretching it out or can anyone else do this I'm still losing but only 3 pounds the last 2 weeks

What do you mean when you say you can handle as much as you want? I would think your appetite has waned a lot! I can eat as much as I want, but it is because after a little, my tum says, "No More!!!!" What are you eating? Are you getting in all your Protein and Water?

Glad you are doing well still....

Grilled cheese? Not getting in your Protein?

Are you following any kind of post-op food plan at all? What does your NUT say?

Are you eating Protein first? Are minimizing/avoiding simple carbs/starches (bread, Pasta, rice)? Are you reaching your protein goal every day? Are you getting in all your fluids? Are you tracking your food so you know how much protein you are getting?

MMmmmmMMM a grilled cheese. I haven't had one of those in months.

@@armiller - is this OK at this point with your NUT? mine says NO.

I'm 4 weeks post op too. Haven't tried testing the limits of my stomach. I've also lost only 3 pounds in the last two weeks, eating as per plan and walking 2 to 3 times per day. I'm frustrated and sad. Hope you're dealing with it better than I am.

@@cantseemytoes

I am 3 1/2 weeks out and have lost 10 pounds from my surgery date and 22 pounds total since pre-op diet. I started to stall after week 2. This is completely normal and to be expected. I am getting 80-100 oz of Water and 90-100 g Protein. Relax and hang in there following the protocol your doctor/NUT gave you. We are seeking a long term solution to a long time problem!

I didn't lose anything for almost 2weeks and I was so frustrated, but they told me to stay the course. I did, and yesterday the pounds began coming off again. Keep hope alive and trust your doctor.

I had my sleeve on May 18. 29 pounds down but have not lost anything in two weeks. Still having hard time getting all Water in. One Protein Shake a day. Still sticking course. Not exercising like I wish but I'm walking. Why such a stall? This is normal?

I can't do plain Water right now either, but buy either propel or other flavored waters or add flavorings. Be sure you don't buy sparkling water. Just another word for carbonated. I did drink it though before I realized it and had no problem. I also buy vanilla or strawberry shakes. Just can't do choc

Grilled cheese? My surgeon says no bread, crackers or Pasta for six months after surgery. His nutritionist says it forms a Gummy paste in your tummy which isn't good for it.

My NUT says no processed foods and that includes breads, tortillas, etc. I am in my 3rd week post op and I just started soft foods yesterday. Foods I get in include fish, puréed butter Beans, refried beans, guacamole with nothing chunky, Soups, eggs. I wouldn't dare touch a grilled cheese.