Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fell HARD off the wagon ????

Well I'm 8 months out of surgery... The past 3 months I had gained 9 pounds of the 55 I had lost back.. 2 weeks ago I realized what I was doing and quickly made a change. It have successfully lost that 9 pounds again and I am going to continue on the right path. Anyone else do this? I'm ashamed of myself, but still love me. Lol I don't know what I was thinking. I would rather have 2 Cookies for Breakfast that 2 eggs... I still do not over eat. Just made terrible choices of what to eat!! Still remained soda free. So that is a plus. Anyways kicked it in high gear at the gym. I still think I can get the last 45 pounds off by Nov. to hit my onderland by my 1yr sleevaversary. I hope everyone is doing great, and hope to be back on for support often over the next few months!!

post-239344-14356635904036_thumb.jpgmy son did start hitting the gym with me to provide entertainment ☺️

Congrats. That's a great turnaround. :)

First off I can't believe that's your son. You look like you're still in high school!

And second, the surgery isn't a cure all. We've had that ditty drummed into us enough that we could probably recite it backwards.

The fact that you're disciplined enough, even at this early stage, to evaluate and correct your behavior says a lot about your desire to succeed. We all make mistakes. You've learned from it, which is why they exist in the first place.

Forgive yourself and move on. You've obviously got the support of your family, and you have ours as well. You will get to your goal!

And Thx! My best friend is very fit and is a personal trainer. He is very supportive and tries his best to get me to the gym consistently. He was giving me a hard time because I was talking of going and getting icecream instead of fighting the gym crowd (I was kidding) saying I was the only person he knew that thought of bad foods while at the gym... I said um I'm a fat girl I think of bad food all the time how do u think I got this way! Lol it is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever had to overcome in my entire life. And I was a 15 year old mom... Who graduated AND I have 2 nursing degrees AND a successful children's clothing business.... And my weight struggle trumps it all!!

Oh that's got to be a bold faced lie! 99.9% of the people at the gym are thinking of bad foods!

You have all you need to get to the place you want to be. ????

Good for you! One little backslide can quickly build into a habit. I ignored what I should be eating and gained back 30 of my 100-pound loss over 5 years. Don't be that person. Keep showing that self-discipline you obviously have.

Edited by GoodScout

Don't be ashamed! It's a wonderful thing to be able to spot it and correct it before it spirals out of control! Well done!

Don't be ashamed girl.. By catching yourself you are in the right path this why I am on here again I am going on 3 yrs post opt n I've gained 10 pds back I decided to come back on the forum. For some support and to start from square 1 because I don't want to come back to my old habits...

Thank you!!! I am officially back on track and down 5 more pounds!! A whopping 60 down now!! 40 more to go by Nov. I can do this!!! The gym is finally feeling routine rather than a chore. And eating right is actually easier that my stomach is completely healed!! Love that I can come here for the extra push I need ❤️

I can relate to gaining, since I am doing it myself right now. My food is off quite a bit so I decided to get on here and see if I can get some inspiration from others. And you are giving me that by being honest about falling off the wagon. Glad you turned it around and hope I can get there, too!

This is so inspiring, I've too fell off the wagon.... July 1st was my 9th month post op and for the holiday weekend I was eating soft tacos and wine, so I've decided to get on the scale and it read I've gained 5 pounds!! it didn't help that I was on a stall for Four months, I was devastated.... I started doing the full liquid diet again and currently will be back in the gym tomorrow... I logged back in to this site for some motivation and glad I've found your post! Thanks a bunch

Edited by Melissayw816

Don't kick yourself in the butt you did the right thing and got back on track.Im 1year and 7 months out and I lost 100lbs. So far I crashed and started eating lots of sweets but I'm getting back on track thanks for posting I always feel like I'm the only one????

We are all losers here, not quitters, and seriously we are all human, just keep going, veterans and posts like you are what keeps us newbies going, so far I've been lucky since my small accomplishments motivate me, and I think I'm addicted to this whole healthy living going to the gym thing, it makes me feel good to know that people close to me say I'm inspiring them, and some are shocked at my progress, hell I'm shocked, started at 388 in January, 342 on my surgery( today is my one month surgerversary) and today probably between 318-320, I was expecting the magic 299 by Christmas, but o can keep this up Iay be looking at August, September, I took this pic today before my workout at the gym, my friends know I love bodybuilding, so lifting is my go to, and I'm 8 waist sizes down from a size 60w.......so keep posting peeps like u and all the others on here inspire me!!!post-254362-14365742485329_thumb.jpg