Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 21 sleeve date and scared

I'm not scared about the surgery itself, I'm worried I won't lose all the weight it worse, gain it back. My aunt gained almost 100# back (she started at almost 400.

I have invested so much in time and financially, I really want it to work.

Does any one else have this fear? My anxiety issue doesn't help it any that's for sure.

Fear or not, I'm going through with it even though I occasionally wonder if I should cancel.

There's not a person on this site that didn't have that fear--at least momentarily--pre-surgery! I'm going under in 12 hours and I still have a little bit of that thought every now and again.

Stick to the food plan and you will lose. Eat mostly Protein, veggies next, limit carbs and you have the recipe for success now and forever.

Agreed, most everyone here felt scared at one point or another, me included. I still wonder if the weight loss will stop and I will be a failure. All I can do is have faith in my plan and read the success stories here for inspiration.

Good luck!!

@@sleevenv is so right. It's natural to be fearful. The emphasis of your fear is compliance, but somebody else's might be anesthesia, or the ability to exercise, or any other of a hundred or so different combinations.

But the crux of it is that you're taking a blind leap of faith, on the simple hope of gaining something better than you have now. That in itself is pretty courageous, if you ask me, and you should give yourself credit.

You're a lot stronger than you think you are, and when it comes time you'll do what you need to do to succeed. But whenever you feel your confidence waning just remember and draw on the things you yourself have said:

"I have invested so much in time and financially, I really want it to work."

Sounds like a definite resolve to me.

I'm July 21st too! ! Yes I think about that too.

Thanks all. :) I'm going through this alone and it's nice to know y'all are out there.

Mine is July 21st as well! My fears are not waking up after Anesthesia, and blood clots. I have no family history of blood clots and my mom and brother have had other surgeries and came out of Anesthesia just fine but still I am a little scared..I have never had any type of surgeries..

First time surgery ever for me too! Can't wait!

Good morning sleeve buddy. I was sleeved on 7/21. I'm off nausea meds. I have gas pain still. And sometimes I get a sharp pain in my stomach when I'm sipping fluids. How are you feeling?

I was revised from band to sleeve on the 21st and your fear is mine as well. I'm promising myself that if I follow the plan laid out by my surgeon & dietitian, I will successfully lose and keep it off. They know what they're doing!!

I'm heading home from hospital later this morning ????

Edited by MaryPh

May you have a speedy recovery!

Welcome to the losers bench! I was sleeved 6/30/15 and feel awesome. No more pain or even discomfort. I've been run/walking a 5k several times in the past week. I'm also on a business trip requiring two short flights already! I'm on soft foods as of this week, so ordering in a restaurant consists of cream of wheat or Soup (no one has even noticed)! Life is good and I'm so glad I did this!

Hey! I needed some help and didn't know where else was a good place to post. I had my sleeve on 7/20 - I'm 6 days post op. Pain is ok and I'm doing pretty good with my fluids but I am really struggling with the Protein. I just cannot get the Protein Shakes down. They are too sweet and make me gag. I'm typically a very "mind over matter" person but feel I used all my resolve during the pre op diet. Any tips or pointers? I'm feeling very emotional and down and frustrated.