Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm six days post-op and not ever hungry. I drink Water and try to get a Protein Shake down, but I take a few sips and I'm done. Other than that it's all water, I just can't even think of eating. It's not that I'm nauseous or sick, I just don't even have a hunger. Does anyone else feel this way?

It is very normal. I am 4 weeks post op and am still not hungry. I love it, now I eat because I have to, to make sure I get my Protein and required Fluid intake where as before I just ate for the sake of eating. It took me well into the third week before I could get all my protein in, my nutritionist said at the beginning to focus on getting at least 48 oz of Water so I didn't dehydrate.

I haven't been hungry yet either. I'll be 2 weeks post op tomorrow. After the first week I started essentially forcing myself to do at least 2 Protein Shakes a day. Sometimes i have some broth but not every day. I'm mainly doing the shakes just to get some energy, otherwise I'm exhausted all the time.

Almost 6 weeks out, still not experiencing real hunger.

My surgeon told me he "disconnected" the connection between the main part of my stomach and my new pouch, from a hormone named Grehlin. It's also called "The Hunger Hormone". It's what makes you feel hungry. Now I'm assuming that is the case for everyone who has had bypass surgery. Why some are hungry and some are not after surgery...well I think that might be worked out in therapy. If this disconnection is normal to all gastric bypass surgeries.

I am still unable to get all the Protein in I am supposed to, and barely meeting my Fluid requirements. I try, but when you aren't hungry it's hard to force yourself to eat. I just end up feeling sick and nauseous when I force it. I tried one day and got in the right amount of Protein, and I was literally stuffed and felt ill all day.

I see the NUT and NP tomorrow, hopefully I'll have some ideas from them on what to do.

I personally don't care if I ever feel hungry again. I could care less about food right now, and that's helping me a lot. I see food, smell it, it just doesn't bother me. With exception to a hot dog I saw in an ad in a magazine when I was in the hospital, I haven't had a craving for anything. I just wanted the hot dog, didn't care about the bun. lol which in all actuality, I could totally have the hot dog if I wanted. I just might too. Well, maybe a few small bites. Not like I could eat a whole hot dog at this point. LOL

I don't think it's anything to be worried about....I barely ate anything the first week after surgery and next to nothing the next few weeks. I'm still living. If you are worried though or feeling weird or weak, I'd call your Bariatric center. As long as you keep getting in fluids , that's way more important they say, than food right now.

I wish you luck with everything!

I'm 3 weeks out and never hungry. I keep thinking I'm ready to eat certain things and then after two bites I'm over it. I'm just now cleared for soft foods and I am too scared it will hurt my tum so I just stick to Protein shakes , Water and Aloe Gloe (aloe vera juice). I did try scrambled eggs and they didn't bother my stomach but it took me an hour to eat them.

I had surgery Tuesday. Not really hungry either. Maybe a little bit but only today because I only had 1 shake and 1 Soup. It's not hunger like before.

I began to feel hunger around week 2 but it was not the same as hunger presurgery. I explained it to my NUT as my body nudging me to have a few bites of something. When I do, I am good for another few hours.

I just told my mom it's not really hunger it's brain hunger. Because ore surgery I would be snacking. I'd got get chips or a cookie while watching tv. It's brain hunger.

I'm starting day 14, should be doing purées (per my plan) and have done a couple. I'm not hungry in general, but I'm also apprehensive about eating - specifically I'm afraid of pain/pressure/vomiting.

At this point I'm trying to get my Protein to 60g and my Water high enough to prevent dehydration. It's kind of exhausting so I'm glad I have some more time off of work.

I just told my mom it's not really hunger it's brain hunger. Because ore surgery I would be snacking. I'd got get chips or a cookie while watching tv. It's brain hunger.

Yes! Brain hunger! I totally agree. I hate sitting and watching TV now because it's not fulfilling as it once was. food made me happy, TV entertained me therefore food + TV made me completely content. Now, I'm anxious when I'm watching tv. Brain hunger sucks! But I'm not healed enough to go out and be "busy". Day 5 post op and feeling frustrated.