Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Isopure Disgusting!

So I started my clear liquid diet today!!! I have 2 days of clear liquid with my surgery tuesday. I have 8 bottles of Isopure. I opened the coconut and alpine punch and instantly felt nauseated by the taste. I opened up the blue raspberry and that was tolerable not good but tolerable but the after taste was horrible. I drank the bottle gone and started having a icky stomach. I sure hope I can drink one more today and 2 tomorrow. I have grape, icy orange, and pineapple orange banana I haven't tried yet!!!

It's absolutely gross. The chalk like after taste is the worst.

6 months out from surgery and I still drink the grape from time to time.

Try it over ice, anything less than ice cold is not tolerable.

@@laceygorrell

Don't drink any of that garbage dear NOT BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR SURGERY. You will always feel like throwing up. It will make you barf all the time!!!

Instead eat lentil Soup, bean Soups (without the chilli)

I think it's somewhat of an acquired taste. I've tried Icy Orange and the Coconut and they are both ok. Don't make the mistake of "smelling" before you drink it (that applies to any Protein drink/shake, if you ask me). I thought the coconut flavor tasted a little sweet the other day so I cut it with Water. Perhaps that would help you?

Can't drink it it's pure garbage!

I have a sleeve of steel and Isopure is one of two things thing that ever made me gag postop. The other thing was the colon cleanse I had to drink for a colonoscopy 4 months postop.

If you want to stick with a koolaid/lemonade style Protein drink try the Syntrax nectar powders.

You don't need Protein powders, just make some chicken or fish congee and lentil Soups post op.... Your hunger will be for thirst and not food..... DO NOT OVERTHINK POST OP... Apple juice is your favorite buddy for like 3 weeks.... You will feel no hunger, so do not buy stuff you will not need. I am 3.5 months post op, so trust me! @@laceygorrell

I had to drink Isopure for a week postop and I had to force myself to take every sip. It is HORRIBLE. Every flavor. Not one of them was tolerable. It also made the skin of my mouth slough off. The only other time that has happened was with a specific brand of whitening toothpaste. My dentist said there is a certain ingredient used for whitening that causes is. And I drank it for a week? ????

@ I SWEAR I can still taste the nasty stuff in my mouth 3.5 month after trying it post op.... Everytime I remember the taste I feel like throwing up, its like raw eggs mixed with acetone.... Oh my!

Edited by Soma

Oh you will, looooooool.

Post op, hurling is much harder and sometimes painful as there is no help from your stomach muscles anymore!!!

Go easy OKAY, all you need to prepare is apple juice and a tequila shot glass (30ml). And your good!

Edited by Soma

@@Kindle

Colonoscopy prep is so disgusting that anyone would gag. I still can remember the thick lemon-lime (supposedly) flavored drink that I had to consume. I swear it was a gallon jug. I've never experienced a Protein drink quite that bad yet.