Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone women who started 350+ who have reached goal weight?

Just looking for a wee bit of motivation at the moment! :) Would love to see a before and after pic!

I just had my surgery done about 3 weeks ago and feeling a bit frustrated.

Um....frustrated? I see a 46lbs loss. Would you have had that success without the surgery or pre op diet? I think you are doing great. Plz be patient and remember you did not put that weight on in a couple of weeks or months and it will take some time to take it off. Try to learn from the whole experience and just be happy you aren't gaining right. You will learn how to eat right and the right amount. I call it the body reboot. You are learning the proper portion amounts and how to live skinny. Enjoy your journey and I'm sure you will be fine but if interested you might want to go to the veteran post op forum and see if you can find someone there who started out at that weight and is at goal! Good luck sending you good vibes!

I am by no means frustrated with the weight loss, that keeps me feeling good! Just struggling a little bit with balancing nutrition and Water.... trying to introduce the foods on my list from the doc. Some go well, some don't. All very normal frustrations at this phase but I just often get that feeling of "Maybe this was the wrong thing to do...." Just trying to left myself up from that feeling and be a little more future focused. Appreciate the message of support! :)

Thank you for posting this question - I will be getting sleeved 300+ pounds and wondered about any success stories out there. There is a 100+ and 200+ weight to lose board somewhere on here, but they are not very active. I hope we can hear from some higher BMI sleevers - I feel like I mostly see "low" BMI starting weights on here.

Well I can't eat half the things on my NUT list. I have given up meat but not really voluntarily which is horrible cause it is WAY easier to find high Protein foods from lean meats then it is from fruits and veggies. What can you do? If your sleeve doesn't accept it then dang you do what you can right. I too have noticed that everyone is starting out with semi lower BMI's and is hard to see if people can relate to how you feel compared to others. I start a lil bit under 300 and still felt like I was on the really high end of BMI's. I hope you ladies find the support you need. Some days I say I regret it cause I just want to sit and eat a meal, then I look at how far I've come in such a lil bit of time and think this is pretty good why would I EVER want to go back! Stay strong!

I am definitely not at goal but I started my journey at 388 pounds. The heaviest I have ever been! I could barely even walk anymore! I had surgery on Oct 15, 2014 and have lost a total of 104 pounds. I get a bit frustrated at times because I am a bit of a slower loser with as much weight as I have to lose, but darn PCOS just makes it a bit harder for me. I still have pretty great restriction almost 9 months out. I continue to try to eat low carbs and work out as much as I can. I am by no means perfect, but I am the healthiest I have been in years! We even went on a family vacation a couple weeks ago and I got to ride every amusement park ride there was! Huge accomplishment for me... No more watching from the sidelines! These are the only pics I have. I recommend taking way more than I did because I sometimes still dont see the weight loss in the mirror. Pictures are the only way!

post-234569-1435579858981_thumb.jpg

That's wonderful!! You look great!! I look forward to non longer living life from the sidelines. There are so many things I dread doing because of my weight.... pools, beaches, amusement parka, flying, concerts with tight seating. Thanks for the tips on the pictures.... I hate taking pics so I know I don't have nearly as many as I should!

Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing your story and pics with me! Very motivating!

I am definitely not at goal but I started my journey at 388 pounds. The heaviest I have ever been! I could barely even walk anymore! I had surgery on Oct 15, 2014 and have lost a total of 104 pounds. I get a bit frustrated at times because I am a bit of a slower loser with as much weight as I have to lose, but darn PCOS just makes it a bit harder for me. I still have pretty great restriction almost 9 months out. I continue to try to eat low carbs and work out as much as I can. I am by no means perfect, but I am the healthiest I have been in years! We even went on a family vacation a couple weeks ago and I got to ride every amusement park ride there was! Huge accomplishment for me... No more watching from the sidelines! These are the only pics I have. I recommend taking way more than I did because I sometimes still dont see the weight loss in the mirror. Pictures are the only way!

Wow! You look great! I can definitely see a difference. I can't wait for that first 100lb milestone. I've lost that much on my own once, but gained it all back, plus more. My highest weight was 371, current weight 332 from dieting pre-op. I hope I'll be about 320 day of surgery, but we'll see.

Thank you for the responses so far! :-)

Thank you BizzyB and FitFunFamily! It has been an incredible journey with great rewards! I have never once regretted my decision! Surgery was easy and recovery was a breeze for me as well. It was more the mental part for me than anything! Good luck ladies! Can't wait to see progress pics!

Yeah I feel the same way. I haven't been sleeved yet but will be eventually. My heaviest was 389 I am currently 348 a lot of help from my pre op diet I'm doing (as well as some baby weight) I feel like most people on here are 300lbs or under most way under that actually.

This makes me nervous I mean will things be different for me or more difficult because I am bigger?

They wouldn't put me to sleep the other day to pull a few teeth because I'm too big they said... Smh I hate that! It needs to change! Ahh

I will be getting sleeved sometime in August and I currently weigh 353. It's hard to imagine losing 200 pounds but I hope to achieve it!

That is exactly how I feel about it too!

I'm just a lurker here but wanted to share as I know the frustration of not seeing a lot of people on here that started out at higher BMIs. First off, I'm not at goal, only about 1/2 way there. I started out at way more than most of you, my highest recorded weight was 463, and honestly I'm sure it was higher than that at some point. As of today I'm at 330. Altogether I've lost 133 lbs in 6 months. I've went from a (tight) size 38 in jeans to a 26. I really, really hope to be at goal by next July which will mean 273 lbs lost (seems impossible!).

The changes to my life have been staggering. I'm 35 and at my lowest weight in at least 10 years. I still have a lot of doubts about making it to goal but I just keep to the plan. At 6 months out I get in around 1200 calories and have no trouble sticking to that. A lot of people talk about the "head hunger," I never really had that. It was almost like after stuffing myself silly for YEARS I am ready to not really care about food. I still enjoy things that taste good but when people bring cake or doughnuts to work I don't have any problem passing them up. I follow a ketogenic diet (high good fats, moderate Protein, low carb) and it works for me. My body does not process carbs well at all.

I exercise 5-6 days a week, mix of cardio and strength training, and I feel so amazing and healthy. I don't gasp for air after climbing 10 steps, my joint and back pain has disappeared, and my high blood pressure has gone back to normal.

I'm not going to post any pictures - mostly because I don't have any saved to the computer, but I also still sort of hate pics of myself. I do take a new pic each month and when I need motivation I go back through them all and see all the changes and it helps keep me going.

I wish you all the best of luck! It's been a big adjustment but there's not a day that goes by that I regret it.

463 - 1/2/15 Start of pre-op diet

445 - 1/15/15 Day of surgery

330 - 7/5/15 Current weight

Thanks for posting, @@HillaryA !

I too am only about halfway to my goal. (I use the term "halfway" loosely! What is math?) Here are my stats:

491 - 10/1/2014 Highest weight

422 - 12/17/2014 Day of surgery

304.3 - 7/8/2015 Current weight

I feel like I am doing well and can see success on the horizon. But the horizon is still a long way off! Just to echo your story, I recently bought a season pass to an amusement park and was able to ride many rides (but I have been a little scared to try ALL of them, haha.) But there are so many other goals and NSVs that that have nothing to do with the scale that I have already reached! So now it seems like the sky is the limit. I am excited for the future, not just for me but for everyone here! I am rooting for us! Haha.

I hope there are some women who started at 350+ who have hit goal that will come comment on this post. I'd love to hear from them as well!!!

@@heynowkc and @@HillaryA Thank you both for sharing your stories! You are both doing awesome and sound so happy! I love that! I've lost 54lbs so far and already see so much inprovment.... my feet no longer hurt, I'm feeling more energetic.