Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official August thread! Where are you guys?

It's so hard but exciting watching all the June people go in and seeing the July bunch start their pre-op diets and get ready for their big day, soooo I thought I would start a August thread for those of us who are gearing up for our turn!!

I have an August 13th date and start my pre-op diet in July 30th and time seems to be dragging by.. I have read all my books combed through this web site and been inspired!!

I have a few worries like my pre-op diet (3 Protein Shakes a day and 64 ounces of Clear liquids only) what a bummer I am strangely excited to start that process but know it will be a challenge to be liquid only.. I have heard about the Swanson infused broths and planned to try those but I suppose our area hasn't caught up with the progressive world because our stores don't have them. So hopefully I can order from wal-mart website.. I have not even purchased any Protein powders or Vitamins. I sure am excited though. I can't wait to "meet" more August RNYers.

Hi,

My date is August 18. First I was June 18, cancelled then July 14, cancelled and now my new date is August 18. Marking the calendar ....again...

I got my Protein for pre-op liquid diet from my doctor's office but I bought some from costco for after the surgery. If you have one near your home, you could check.

I will definitely make a provision of broth, Jello and such.

Hope I am not cancelled again.

I'm tentatively scheduled for Monday, Aug. 10, and starting the round robin of medical appointments after my doc approved my packet. Had ultrasound yesterday. This week: Upper GI and NUT. Next week: surgical nurse and my doc. If all goes well, the surgical coordinator said Aug. 10 will be my date. I'm going to ask the doc if he can get me in sooner, though. :-)

August 17th here. Looks like we could have quite a big group. My doctor has me on 3-4 Protein Shakes a day, plus some dairy and all the raw veggies I want for the two weeks prior to surgery.

August 26th here! :rolleyes:

Hi all!

August 3rd here. Having a lot of anxiety and not sleeping throughout the night. Lots of strange "surgery" dreams also. LOL! I'm so weird. I Don't start my pre-op diet for a couple of weeks yet, but I have to admit my eating habits have been terrible, I guess it's my way of saying goodbye to a lot of the foods I know that I won't be able to eat again (or at least not for a long time.) I am revising from the Lap Band so this isn't my first rodeo. I just want this band out and want to get through the recovery period. Already stocked up on my pre-op diet supplies (SF Jello, broth, Protein powder, tea.) If I remember correctly, that is one of the hardest things I ever had to do was the pre-op diet. Look forward to meeting some new friends on here. Feel free to introduce yourself. We are all in this together!

Ultrasound, Upper GI, NUT: done

Surgical nurse and surgeon: next week

NUT confirmed that Aug. 10 will be my date if everything continues to go well. Whoot!

Aug. 26th here!!

Best of luck!

Hi everybody, August 4th is my date. Jennylew we are on the same boat, I am also having a revision from lapband although my band was taken out August '13 due to complications. I'm not sure what procedure you're having, I'm going with the RNY this time around. Also having weird dreams and don't know how to interpret them and I worry. I tell myself it's part of my anxiety and try not to dwell on it too long. I am waiting for test dates which coordinator is working on that now... hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I have stocked up on supplements, Soups, Protein, and Jello as well so I'm just playing the waiting game now.

I'm new to this forum and not sure how to add friends but keep in touch and let me know how your process goes. Good luck to you all.

Edited by Pinkpeonies1

Looks like August is going to be a busy month.. Looks we are all doing the hurry up and wait right now.. Where are all you guys from? I am in Kansas land of Oz lol

Norther Virginia!

I have two more pre-op meeting with the dietician, but everything seems to be moving along fine. I keep expecting a speed bump but nothing yet. I'm nervous right but ready to get this over with and start living!

I'm from Southern California.

August 4 ????