Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i know coffee is not a good thing to drink because of is acidic now i have a friend that had the surgery more than a year a go and she says she only drink coffee when she needs to go because it helps her anyone has tried coffee??

I do that with coffee too. I've had two cups in the two weeks since surgery. It helps. I drink it AFTER Breakfast. I just picked up a box of dulcolax stool softener though. I almost got some kind of Fiber too but I'm going to wait a bit. I'm not super constipated but I miss going every day.

Edited by Michelle920

Me is not so much the Constipation is how paintful it is when u go :(

Three dried apricots a day will keep things moving.

Im going to try coffee today I will let u know if it worked lol

If coffee didn't send you to the bathroom prior to surgery, it most likely won't affect you after the surgery. The reason coffee sends some people to the bathroom is that coffee affects some peoples muscles in the large intestine. If you get the jitters from coffee like I do, then coffee could very well help you have a movement. However, if you are like my wife and coffee has no affect on you and you can go to bed right after drinking a cup, then it probably will not give you any benefit. Another thing to consider, if you are easily affected by coffee, your digestive system is going to be sensitive. You may go from Constipation to diarrhea quickly. My Dr described Fiber as being similar to The Force. It surrounds everything and binds it together. If you are constipated, it makes it less dense. If you have loose stool, it binds it together.

If going #2 is painful because of larger stool, it is because of constipation. You are getting "backed up" and the stool continues to get bigger. The bowel will continue to draw out Water from the stool until there is nothing left but a hard and dense waste product. So the sooner you can pass it the better. Otherwise you can get an impaction. Not fun.

The result may seem the same in some people, but the mechanism is quite different. Fiber from natural sources will work for everyone. Coffee will work for some. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice!!

I like to try Smooth Move tea also.

two bags in one hot cup the night before and it appears that is an apt name! Love the pineapple reference

That shall be the go to name for the awful once a year issue!????????????

Someone in another group told me that Senna which is the major component in the gentle move the, can irritate a lot. But it does work well for me, doctor said it's ok to use. Suppositories help too, drinking lots of Water, I finally drink 64oz for couple day and I went this morning without help, I'm 3 months out

Morals and coffee, always a winner

Morals and coffee, always a winner

edit: Miralax and coffee, you can be a dirty sinner and still poop with miralax

I tried Dulcolax but it gave me cramps (worked though). Switched to Miralax and it took longer to start working, but works great for me. I almost gave up after 5 days but my NUT told me to stay with it. I put a scoop in my (decaf) coffee every other morning now and still have great results!

Miralax is the best ive taken. I had this pinecone problem before surgery so Miralax provided me with the best relief. I take it ever other day and it keeps me regular AND its not painful at all. A week post op my dr told me to take a full dose of Milk of magnesia about 7 PM and then 2 stool softners at 10 pm bed time then start miralax after that the next morning. Mind you I was backed up for a week prior to his instructions. His laxi cocktail cleared me up by the next morning AND the ongoing use of miralax has keep me regular. :)

Will try miralax next thank u all

Only if you are lucky. Mine was like a passing pineapple.< /p>

Lmao yes! I just had my first post op poop and I called on Jesus the whole time!