Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats your Menu

Hi all

I was banded back on 12/2005. I weight 323 lbs. Got down to 267 lbs.

My meal plan was on target and my workouts were spot on. I worked out in the morning and my work hours were 2x10 pm. When i started working days my meal plan went out the window and no more workouts. I regained all my weight. My doctor is no longer workibg in my insurance network so now i have to figure something out but during this time like to work on my menu. If you have a menu that is working for you please share and thanks. Jo

Hi all

I was banded back on 12/2005. I weight 323 lbs. Got down to 267 lbs.

My meal plan was on target and my workouts were spot on. I worked out in the morning and my work hours were 2x10 pm. When i started working days my meal plan went out the window and no more workouts. I regained all my weight. My doctor is no longer workibg in my insurance network so now i have to figure something out but during this time like to work on my menu. If you have a menu that is working for you please share and thanks. Jo

Whenever I read posts such as yours, I have to ask the question...."What about the Band?"

Since 2005, is it doing anything? Is it working?

To answer your question, because I have the band, my daily menu is that I am able to eat very little....and since I eat so little, I make the best decisions (nutritious whole foods) that I can...no particular regime except always looking for Protein.

Also, because of the band, there are certain foods I will not eat anymore such as meat, breads, Pasta, rice, etc, to name but a few.

But again, it is because of the band I am forced into this lifestyle.

I am like B52, what shape is your band in? have you had a fill lately have you had barium swallow to see if it's okay? otherwise, I eat Protein (major part of my meal) some veg, little fruit. Breakfast I eat eggbeaters or eggs, some kind of sausage or bacon usually turkey, no bread, no rice, no potatoes. lunch is usually either homemade chili, chicken salad, tuna salad, homemade Soups . dinner is meat, veg's. I do snack occasionally on sugar free pudding or yogurt. The band is my tool and I had mine done in 2013. I have had 3 fills and listen to the signals, like a burp, hiccup or nose running . I have gotten stuck because I didn't listen so it's still a process. If your band is in good shape you should be able to get back on track . If you did it once you can do it again.

I agree with the above advice, have your band checked first and then get back to healthy eating and exercise ! Im not sure why your good habits changed when your schedule did, but hopefully you have a plan that works with your schedule. As far as eating, nothing special except what the Dr. ordered. Protein 1st, fruit and vegetables 2nd, any room left over a bite or 2 of carbs. Limit junk food , fast food and overly processed food. Lots of Water, flavored or plain. Exercise minimum 3x a week, something you like, mix it up ! I cook at home 99% of the time and make enough for planned leftovers, (no last minute unhealthy dinners ) I pack our lunches when I cleanup after dinner, and keep only very little sweets in the house (my downfall ) sigh...... no soda , fried foods etc. Hope this helps , good luck !! You can do this !!!

Thank you... As soon I can find a Doctor that takes my insurance I can move forward

If you have a menu that is working for you please share and thanks. Jo

I switch schedules as well....shiftworker for 20+ years now. 5am start times (when I'm on days) make for a short morning workout for me, so I get the changing schedule thing, BUT I could find other excuses. You just gotta do whats most important to you.....

If I'm "watching what I eat":

Breakfast = I will usually have a home made Protein shake/smoothie. I use One scoop of my favorite Protein powder (25 grams), a combo of some of the following, half a bananna/blueberries/granola/strawberries/peanut butter, some almond milk, crushed ice in the Ninja. Keeps me satisfied until lunch.

lunch = some Protein like baked/broiled fish, tuna salad, chicken salad, turkey breast, and usually some veggie. Broccoli, green Beans, etc. OR some home made Soup...I love my home cooked lentil Soup with smoked jowl pieces, or chili.

dinner = maybe some more grilled/baked fish, rotisserie chicken, slow cooker pork roast occasionally, usually a starch of some sort.

I CAN eat just about anything...pizza, Pasta, rice, fried foods, Cookies, cake, you name it. There's only a very few things that are "off limits" to my band restriction level. My band helps restrict the volume I eat. I HAVE TO CHOOSE to limit how often I have them.....

I agree completely with the idea you really need to get in to have your band checked as soon as is possible. Maybe an adjustment will get you back on track. For me...a properly adjusted band makes all the difference in the world.

Best wishes!

If you have a menu that is working for you please share and thanks. Jo

I switch schedules as well....shiftworker for 20+ years now. 5am start times (when I'm on days) make for a short morning workout for me, so I get the changing schedule thing, BUT I could find other excuses. You just gotta do whats most important to you.....

If I'm "watching what I eat":

Breakfast = I will usually have a home made Protein shake/smoothie. I use One scoop of my favorite Protein Powder (25 grams), a combo of some of the following, half a bananna/blueberries/granola/strawberries/peanut butter, some almond milk, crushed ice in the Ninja. Keeps me satisfied until lunch.

lunch = some Protein like baked/broiled fish, tuna salad, chicken salad, turkey breast, and usually some veggie. Broccoli, green Beans, etc. OR some home made soup...I love my home cooked lentil Soup with smoked jowl pieces, or chili.

dinner = maybe some more grilled/baked fish, rotisserie chicken, slow cooker pork roast occasionally, usually a starch of some sort.

I CAN eat just about anything...pizza, Pasta, rice, fried foods, Cookies, cake, you name it. There's only a very few things that are "off limits" to my band restriction level. My band helps restrict the volume I eat. I HAVE TO CHOOSE to limit how often I have them.....

I agree completely with the idea you really need to get in to have your band checked as soon as is possible. Maybe an adjustment will get you back on track. For me...a properly adjusted band makes all the difference in the world.

Best wishes!

Thanks for the advice......

Joe