Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guest ClaireInCanada

I am a Canadian who DWL paid in Mexico. Thought I would open a spot just for us. Any Canadians out there?

Hi I'm a fellow Canadian who just was sleeved June 16, in Tijuana with the help of the great folks at Bariatric Pals. I'm making the trip home today and feeling great.

From Ontario and I'm booked for July 3 for VSG.

I'm getting really nervous and would like to hear about your experience.

Did you vomit post op?

How were you feeling during your flight?

Guest ClaireInCanada

From Ontario and I'm booked for July 3 for VSG.

I'm getting really nervous and would like to hear about your experience.

Did you vomit post op?

How were you feeling during your flight?

My flight was fine although turbulent and freezing. Walk with a sweater or travelling blankie.

I knew I get nauseouys post-op so I told my doctors ahead of time. No nausea just chilly. Walk with your heating pad.

Guest ClaireInCanada

Hi I'm a

fellow Canadian who just was sleeved June 16, in Tijuana with the help of the great folks at Bariatric Pals. I'm making the trip home today and feeling great.[/quote

I used Bariatric pal too!! Aren't they just the greatest!! How are you feeling did you get in all right?]

I currently live in Saskatchewan, where I teach middle years and high school resource. I'm from Ontario and I'm heading back there in 6 days.

My surgery is on July 4th in Juarez with Dr. Rodriguez. I am using BeLite Weight.

One of the things I am really concerned about is the flying so soon after surgery.

I'm concerned about flying so soon as well!

I was told the nurses will give us compression stocking to help.

I'm also worried that what if I do run into a complication (God forbid)

would a hospital here in Ontario be able to deal with it without any problems since I had the surgery in another country?

Edited by BusyLizzy

Our health care makes it that they have to deal with it. There are tons of people all over the country getting it done, whether in country or not, so most hospitals know about the issues. We cannot be turned away like it seems people in the US can.

On the advice of my patient coordinator I ordered myself some compression socks to bring with me. They are a brand called Sockwell. You can find them on ebay, or I ordered mine through shoeme.ca

Mine is being done in Juarez, so I'm actually flying to El Paso, Texas, but yes on Friday July 3rd.

I am doing a pre-op diet. I just started today. I decided to follow the Ontario pre-op because it's a little more restrictive than the one my surgeon said for me to follow. I'm having 3-4 Protein shakes per day, I can drink calorie free, caffeine free drinks, chicken or beef broth (the beef broth has saved me today) and 4 oz of either chicken, tuna, or canned ham.

That's a smart idea!

The other night I was reading about VSG and I read that the smaller the "bougie" the increased risk of a leak?

Have you read or heard anything about this?

Are you planning on having children in your future?

I haven't read anything about that.

I'm 39 and I have a 14 year old daughter. I'm not looking to have any other children.

Guest ClaireInCanada

I have not heard anything about bougie size affecting leaks. I bought compression socks used them for the flight down and never used them after. I had no need too.

Make sure they give you an English summary of what was done for your surgery.

Guest ClaireInCanada

I have not heard anything about this but they do complete 3 leak tests before discharging you from hospital. I do know after surgery is a very fertile time sooo please use some protection