Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There's always controversy about whether to weigh daily or not, and it always surprised me how passionate people are about this topic. I'm from the weigh daily camp. It has worked for me, and I actually do have a graph of my weight since my surgery. Lately I've been tracking my total calories on the same spreadsheet, and it has really helped me see how much I eat to maintain my weight. I always used myfitnesspal, but adding it to the same spread sheet and averaging it over the week and month gave me a much clearer picture.

This article suggest there is evidence to support daily weighing.How often do you weigh?

https://www.yahoo.com/health/how-often-you-should-weigh-yourself-if-youre-121841681642.html

I only weighed about every week to week and a half for the first 9-10 months post op. That's when I was losing the fastest; but I didn't want to weigh more frequently because I Iiked seeing a bigger number.

Now that I am in what I consider maintenance (even though I could lose ten more) I weigh almost everyday. I want to keep a close eye on my weight because now that I can eat more and sometimes indulge in treats I don't want the weight to creep back. If I gain a pound I work extra hard the next few days. So far that has worked for me, but I am only one year post op.

I weigh daily, i find it keep me motivated. Even if i dont lose anything from the day before im still good because again it keeps me motivated

I weigh daily. It keeps me on track. But I only count weight on Saturday. I then use the Sat to Sat weight to calculate how much I have lost in a week.

I weigh daily. Keeps me on track. But you have to make sure you aren't one that will freak out if you've eaten good and the scale is higher one day. My weight can fluctuate daily. I try to record my weight once a week

I weigh once in the morning, right after I get up and again in the evening. The only weigh in that counts for me is in the morning, since it's the one time of day when I know my body condition is mostly the same (amount of Water in me) from day to day. The evening weigh in is just for my own personal amusement. (I know, I have no life.) :P

At first, weekly. I was one of those people who would let what the scale read either make or completely ruin my day.

As months went by and I got used to the patterns and fluctuations, I now weigh daily. I find it helps me be more accountable at this point. And if it doesn't move for a while, I know I need to change things up to get things moving.

I weigh daily. I only record my weekly and monthly losses though, on 2 different sheets. I don't expect to lose daily, so it doesn't bother me when the scale doesn't move daily.

I weigh daily and record once a week (on Saturday morning). For me, seeing it daily helps me keep it in perspective....it is not unusual for my weight to fluctuate based on salt, hydration.... When I was only weighing once a week, I never understood that because all I knew was I hadn't lost anything for an entire week of work. Now I know if I"m trending down for the week....and I'm actually less focused on the Saturday number because I know/understand that it will be different by Sunday!

I weigh multiple times a day. I consider my morning weigh-in (naked after peeing) to be my "official" weight. I track my weight once a week, Monday mornings, in a spreadsheet. I also have a couple of other weigh-ins that I track. The first of every month, since I had my surgery on Sept. 1. That's the weight that goes in my signature on these forums. I also track my weight on the 24th of every month, because that's when I take my measurements (took my first measurements October 24, the week before my surgery). That goes into a different spreadsheet than my weekly weigh-ins.

My "unofficial" weigh-ins happen throughout the day. I always weigh myself after I get home from work, before I do my cardio. And then again after I do my cardio. Because I'm weird and I like to see how much sweat I lost.

I also always weigh myself with my clothes on before I go to bed at night, so I can try to guess what my real weight will be in the morning. For a really long time, I always weight about 4 pounds more at night, with clothes on than I would naked the next morning. But lately it's dropped down to about a 3.2 pound difference. It's all pretty meaningless, but it entertains me.

I weigh myself every morning, on two separate scales, and I record the values. I have the Aria scale so it syncs it to MyFitnessPal and I have the scale I had at the start of the process, which happens to be a few ounces lighter than the Aria scale. I didn't intend to weigh myself with two scales, but I found that if I gain a little on one scale and nothing on the other scale, I freak out less than if I gain on both scales. I like weighing everyday because I can immediately see when I am off track. A few days ago I woke up heavier than I like to be, so I've paid a lot of attention to exercise and eating what I should be and today I am back to mostly a normal weight. I feel like if I only weighed once a week I might find I have way more to lose than if I just notice a change everyday. Daily weighing is less depressing and anxiety inducing for me.

I also sometimes weigh after a workout or before I go to bed, especially if I ate badly that day. It gives me an idea of how the next morning's weigh in will work out and if I weigh a lot around 7:00pm, then I just stop eating until morning and that tends to make me less stressed out over the morning number.

At least once a day. It keeps me honest and motivated.

Yep, I weigh daily for the same reasons here so many expressed. Keeps me on track and focused, and keeps me from letting it get too far away from me.

I didn't mention my ridiculous spreadsheets, but seeing others also have more than one made me smile - I have one for daily, one for weekly, and one for monthly. I graph them all. I also average my daily weight for each month, and that is now what I really watch over time. I also graph that :) I love that my weight has been steady within a pound or two for well over a year.

Weighing daily for me tends to discourage me, because I feel the scale isn't moving fast enough. Or just watching it move one pound or ounce at a time. It just drives me up the wall. I know that stalls will happen but it is happening a little too frequently for me, and it sucks.

Weighing daily for me tends to discourage me, because I feel the scale isn't moving fast enough. Or just watching it move one pound or ounce at a time. It just drives me up the wall. I know that stalls will happen but it is happening a little too frequently for me, and it sucks.

I think the key to being able to weigh daily is understanding that we use it for informational purposes only, and that it's the weekly/monthly weights that are telling the true story. The daily weight for me is just one of the many habits I've developed to stay focused.