Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 14 and counting...All the unknowns

Today is day 14 of my post op journey. So far I have lost 9 pounds and I am two ounces from 10 pounds. I feel like I am not losing enough, that I am not getting enough calories and I am struggling with the lack of calories. I have been consuming under 500. The lack of energy is real. I literally feel like I am going to pass out. I don't venture far from home because the last thing I want is to pass out in public. I figured my lack of calories was not helping my energy level was trying to up my calories to at least 800. I managed to get to 700 one day.

I tried baked chicken thigh and a cube of baked potatoe. I got three bites in and frankly between paranoia and what I now perceive as fullness I stopped. No issues at all. That was two days ago, yesterday I went to the market and I got raisin bread for my sister, I had a dizzy spell so I tried the bread. I ate two bites chewed it well, and no issues. Eventually I ate the rest and again no issues. I realized I can get liquids in and I don't have to sip(being able to do this so soon makes me feel like an alien from another planet) Sum up the calories and still under 500. Today I went shopping and I chose fish. High in Protein, soft and easy to eat. I have always been a meat, fish and chicken eater. Not really a fan of carbs.

Life happens, things happen and I want so much to not be here, be this girl that I don't identify with. But the journey has begun and I want so much to not falter.

I know that I am only starting out but so far I don't feel the need to go out and buy bad things. I just want to eat seafood. Which I did.

Am I doing the right thing? Am I crazy? So many questions... :) ;) :( :huh: :mellow: :blush:

This took over an hour to write because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to say, excuse the lack cohesion.

I think you just have to listen to your body. My surgery isn't until 6.23 Tuesday but that's what everyone says listen to your body. Congrats on a new you!!

I did try chicken at about two weeks. The bread would scare me since it swells when it gets wet. I have not had any type of bread. I like to eat sliced deli turkey wrapped with a slice of low fat cheese.< /p>

@@ketukes - Congrats on your surgery. It's a whirlwind. Got to remember that.

@@lexiemia - I will be having the cheese and turkey today. That use to be one of my favorites pre surgery. Can't wait.

Are you following your surgeon's plan? None of those foods are on my plan in the first few weeks.

I started my soft foods two days early. bread was not on the list but it was all I had in that moment. Definitely a one time thing. As for the rest they are.

Man I wish I could eat bread that soon lol. Im 8 months out and still struggle with bread alot of the time. Maybe try pureeing your food as you might be able to get in more calories.

I found that if I cooked chicken like normal I could only stomach maybe a bite or two but if it was vitamized or pureed with some vegies I could take in a considerably larger amount.

Also have you started taking multi Vitamins? The lack of energy will pass once everything settles down. Its only been 14 days its still early days :)