Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing too much weight

Hey y'all! I was wondering if any of you have felt like you've lost too much weight. I am pre op and getting concerned about of all things getting to little. Trust me I'm freaking out over the whole thing but I'm excited to be done with the nervous before surgery phase. I see no one has posted here in minute lol.

This was a concern of mine before I had surgery too. I talked to my Bariatric team about it. I had RNY surgery this past May. And with RNY there's really nothing you can do. You will lose what you will lose. And it's better to be healthy than unhealthy. I found that hard to swallow, but I chose health. Just 10 years ago I was a size 0 115 lbs and people talked about how I was too skinny all the time. I didn't want to be like that again. But after I weighed the pros and cons and looked at what I wanted to do in life I knew surgery was right for me even if it meant I would be that small again. I totally understand though. Its something I worried about. I'm hoping to land around 165 but it'll probably be lower and I will just have to live with that.

@@robinsmj thanks for the response! Girl I'm just a tench worried about that. Tbh I'm more worried about everything else though. My goal weight at this time is about 160-165 too. I was that in the 115-125s back n my teens and early 20s and I guess if I get back there it is what it is. It's true our health is the most important thing. I just don't want the you look sick comments n looks from the whole community (work,family,church). Who cares what they say but u probably understand what I mean. At the end if the day though I'm just praying for zero complications and a smooth transition into the wls lifestyle. Good luck with everything.

Hello ladies, I was worried about the same which is why initially I only wanted the sleeve. BUT due to my multiple med conditions, It was in my best interest to have the gastric bypass. My surgeon told me not to worry about the weight loss. It will be fast and drastic at first. However with resistance training added to exercise, it will reduce the amount we muscle mass lost. That makes a big difference when losing weight. So that's my Plan. I am 14 days postop from my bypass & I feel truly blessed. As @@robinsmj said its all about our health. It will be fine. All the best & continued prayers to you both on your journey!

People going to talk. That's what they do, but we have to keep our eye's on the prize, as they say. At this point 3 weeks postop there is nothing I can do about it. As of today I am down 26.5 pounds and I am feeling good. The sleeve is a better choice if you want to lose less weight. I had metabolic issues among other problems, and it would have never worked for me though. I figure after I have another child or two and tone up I wont look so emancipated. Good luck on your surgeries and weight loss ladies.

Hi ladies. I am 6 days post op with the sleeve. I've decided to not worry about what anyone says and let my focus be on health. My goal is to just feel good and whatever size/weight that ends up being is what it is.

Hi ladies. I am 6 days post op with the sleeve. I've decided to not worry about what anyone says and let my focus be on health. My goal is to just feel good and whatever size/weight that ends up being is what it is.

Congrats @@prissyerika, that is the best way to go. You are top priority. It will worry you less and less every day that goes by. I'm 5- 1/2 weeks post op and I notice the looks but I know I'm looking better and I'm feeling healthier so I laugh at people. So proud of you and keep up the GREAT work!

Wow, I'm still in the phase of worrying that I will not lose enough weight. I had the Gastric Sleeve 5 months and 9 days ago (2/20/2015). I'm 5'3" and initially ballooned up to 285 lbs. I got myself down to 277 lbs. before I started the Bariatric program. By surgery day I was 267 lbs. today, I am 193 lbs. and I still don't feel I'm losing the excess weight fast enough.

Although, I have have had 2 co-workers (*itches) tell me I look like I'm sick) they don't know I've had surgery but they pointed to my face and told me I look like I've had a stroke. I admit my upper half has lost a lot of weight compared to my middle. These people see me exercising around the office everyday and they can tell I've lost weight. Some people are just prone to being negative.

Edited by AELee