Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never heard on ungery and will look into it. I love this forum and talking with fellow sleevers. Very comforting not feeling alone. I wish you all the best of luck with prep and post op. I know I will like so many have a moment right after of "what the heck did I do?" When in pain and recovering. I know it and it's fine but my question is there any thing I can give my husband and mother who will help take care of me info of what I will be going thru. I tried to explain to my husband tonight that I will be in pain and suffer right after but it will all be worth it and he has to stay positive and not get nervous or scared

Pain is really minimal, usually. I had alot of swelling, so had to take pain meds as prescribed for about 3 days, then was fine as long as I took TEENY sips. Good luck

Hello everyone,

I have Kaiser so I completed the 12 weeks of classes in the options program, that was over on 5/27. During that time, I had to lose 10% of my body weight, I was about 2lbs shy of that goal and it wasn't an issue. My surgery has been scheduled for July 6th, and I am very excited. My surgeon requires that I complete a 2 day liquid diet before surgery. He said that he doesn't care what the liquids are (smoothies, Protein shakes, etc) as long as they were liquid. For post op, I ordered two of the sample packs of the Syntrax nectar (15 flavors I believe in each pack) from mybariatricpantry.com. I also plan on trying to make my own chicken broth, and I need to stock up on the SF popsicles and jell-o. I am also looking for a flavorless Protein Powder if anyone has any suggestions.

Hello everyone,

I have Kaiser so I completed the 12 weeks of classes in the options program, that was over on 5/27. During that time, I had to lose 10% of my body weight, I was about 2lbs shy of that goal and it wasn't an issue. My surgery has been scheduled for July 6th, and I am very excited. My surgeon requires that I complete a 2 day liquid diet before surgery. He said that he doesn't care what the liquids are (smoothies, Protein shakes, etc) as long as they were liquid. For post op, I ordered two of the sample packs of the Syntrax nectar (15 flavors I believe in each pack) from mybariatricpantry.com. I also plan on trying to make my own chicken broth, and I need to stock up on the SF popsicles and jell-o. I am also looking for a flavorless Protein Powder if anyone has any suggestions.

They all have some flavor, the one, I found, with the least flavor is Jay Robb egg white powder

My surgery date is July 14 and I'm super excited for this change in my life. I'm a self-pay so I didn't have to jump through insurance hoops.

I have pre-op on July 10, and my 2-week diet consists of 2 Protein shakes/day and then 1 sensible (protein like chicken or fish, veggies) meal per day. The day before surgery is Clear Liquids only.

I really only have one worry. I'm not worried about the 2-week pre-op diet. It won't be easy, but it's easier than many who have to do solely liquids. I'm not worried about the pain…it's temporary and I can get through it. My biggest concern is possible complications, since I am self-pay. I know that complications are relatively rare with the sleeve, and my doctor has an amazing track record, but if I were to be in the unlucky few with complications, I don't know how I'll afford it. I really don't know what will happen.

It's nice to talk to other July sleevers. I need to do a better job of checking this forum. I'm in a few Facebook groups for bariatric surgery and tend to spend my time there. I need to remember to keep coming here! July is coming up SOON!

I am self pay too so I understand the worry you have about extra costs. I'm on my 2 week diet too and it is very similar. Who are you having your surgery with/where at?

Hi luvj0j0,

My surgery is in Orlando, FL with Dr. Jawad. I have about another 10 days before I start the pre-op diet. Where are you located? How's the diet going?

Hi luvj0j0

Welcome to the July sleevers group. This is such an exciting time knowing that we will get our life back. I pray you have an amazing outcome and remember we are in this together. I will be starting my pre op diet on the 24th with surgery being on the 9th of July let's keep each other posted on the progress.

You too heleneval, welcome I think you will be fine don't worry yourself with the unknown or what is stay positive. Be encouraged!

I am in the Midwestern united states. I'm already on my preop and doing alright. Going to try to slowly focus more on liquids. I like Protein Shakes which I am greatful for. Just counting days now!

July 7th is my day

How is it going with the pre op diet?

No preop diet yet... full liquid diet 3 days before and clear liquid diet 2 days before. So I start on the 4th with liquid diet. I actually like the Unjury chocolate splendor Protein, with a tablespoon of PB2, cup of fat free milk, and ice blended in ninja real good. Not bad tasting!!!

Edited by laceygorrell

Hello All, Let's start a thread for July sleevers. I will love to see ideas for Liquid diets, and prep for the big day.

To start I am scheduled to be sleeved on 9July15. I will have my pre op on 24Jun15 (so I will update the do's and dont's at that time). I am excited and nervous for this big change. My fear is I don't like most of the things we can have on the Pre and Post Op diets so I am wondering how well I would do. After reading many many post I discovered most people state it's easier after the sleeve due to taste bud changes, the love for food disappearing and the non hunger feeling so I am looking forward to that. I believe the 2 week Pre Op diet is what's going to kill me. Please share some recipes and enticing tips to make these 2 weeks of food hell a little better. I look forward to chatting with you all and Congratulate you all for making the biggest decision for your health. Together we can do this! ;):P:D

I dunno about aaaaanyone else...I still get hungry. I just know how to deal with it. And I will always love food. I just changed my relationship with it. Just a bit. Some things do change after surgery. I couldn't stand to eat rice. I couldn't drink cold Water. But now I'm back. I can't eat too much sugar or certain processed foods. Makes me feel sluggish. You will learn what works for you in order to be successful. Best of luck today and on the big day!