Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All, Let's start a thread for July sleevers. I will love to see ideas for liquid diets, and prep for the big day.

To start I am scheduled to be sleeved on 9July15. I will have my pre op on 24Jun15 (so I will update the do's and dont's at that time). I am excited and nervous for this big change. My fear is I don't like most of the things we can have on the Pre and Post Op diets so I am wondering how well I would do. After reading many many post I discovered most people state it's easier after the sleeve due to taste bud changes, the love for food disappearing and the non hunger feeling so I am looking forward to that. I believe the 2 week Pre Op diet is what's going to kill me. Please share some recipes and enticing tips to make these 2 weeks of food hell a little better. I look forward to chatting with you all and Congratulate you all for making the biggest decision for your health. Together we can do this! ;) :P :D

I just found out I will be sleeving July 31st. My doctor does not require 2 week pre surgery prep. Just lose 25 pounds. I will however probably on my own do liquids only 3 days prior. I am very very excited and glad I continue to research and read as much as I can before hand. I would like to get to work soon as I can so I hope everything goes smooth

Sue

Hi smkallen67, that's exciting! Congrats on your approval and sleeve date fellow July sleever. I wish all I had to do was lose 25 lbs instead of these yucky liquids. :( Let me know what you decide to do as a regimen to lose those pounds and I will gladly share tips with you as I learn. Thanks for the response to the thread!

My surgery date is July 16th. My doc usually require 2 weeks liquid diet before the surgery but he told me I can start on July 6 due to the holiday.

Ive already been experimenting with different things. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powder (chicken Soup flavor), Premier Protein rtd, muscle milk rtd, pure Protein Powder. and I have some of those swanson flavor infused broths (which I need to get some of that Unjury non flavor Protein Powder to mix in). Yogurt etc

Edited by kingdavid757

My date is 23rd July and I will be doing a 14 day Meal Replacement diet (drinks like slimfast) rather than following the diet I have been given by the Bariatric group. They did say the meal plan or slimfast, so in a lot of ways I am taking the easier option. Im astounded to see some people not even having to do even a days restriction on food.

Kate

When I wrote "no pre op prep" I really meant I don't have to do 2 weeks of liquids only. I still have to follow the following diet and lose at least 25 pounds. I lost 28 pounds while going thru all my prepping months doing the ideal Protein diet. I wanted something strict to see if I had the discipline to stick to a life style change and I was fine. I don't follow it 100% now but still use their meal supplement shake for Breakfast and their Snacks cause I know its very low carb low sugar. I still don't eat Pasta or dairy low fat, no butter. I went from cooking with a pd of butter a week to I have had the same pd in my frig for 3 months.

Average calorie allowance for my sleeve pre-op diet ranges from 800 to 1200 calories per day.

Foods that will need to be decreased in my diet include high sugar foods, high carbohydrate foods (including bread and pasta), fats (such as butter), fatty meats, fried foods, whole milk products, ice cream, high calorie beverages (including regular soda and alcohol). I don't drink soda so no problem there.

My diet will be limited, but foods that may be included are yogurt, fruit, Cereal, egg whites, and oatmeal for Breakfast and leans meat or fish with green vegetables for dinner. My diet will also includes liquid Vitamins that come in powder form which i have started already and LOVE.

What is important that I follow the specific recommendations from my doctor. There is a glitch: Less than a week before my surgery I will be flying to Key Largo for my sons wedding. I KNOW I will have a couple drinks which I hope will not interfere with surgery less than a week later. I will discuss with my doctor. And I know myself I will do my own liquid only before surgery day to know my liver will shrink a little more.

I held off til after the wedding but didn't want to wait 2 weeks after the wedding. I am sooo ready now!

You have done really well losing 28llbs @@smkallen67 !!.. Congratulations and I hope the wedding goes well for your son and his wife :D

Kate

@ Congrats on your scheduled procedure! Yay!!!! Thanks for the ideas I will definitely get some Unjury items as well as the broths. I just want to encourage one another so let's keep in touch with updates!

I never heard on ungery and will look into it. I love this forum and talking with fellow sleevers. Very comforting not feeling alone. I wish you all the best of luck with prep and post op. I know I will like so many have a moment right after of "what the heck did I do?" When in pain and recovering. I know it and it's fine but my question is there any thing I can give my husband and mother who will help take care of me info of what I will be going thru. I tried to explain to my husband tonight that I will be in pain and suffer right after but it will all be worth it and he has to stay positive and not get nervous or scared

Smkalken67 I know what you mean by preparing for the pain. I have read that if you stay active the pain is less so push through it and get mobile ASAP. I plan on setting a skate to get me up every hour during the day to walk around. I have also read that keeping a band or wrap of Some sort will help relieve the pain at the surgical sites so maybe look into seeing if one will be provided at the hospital if not find where to purchase one. One person stated they used the pregnancy band so just a thought. We are dredgers in this together BE ENCOURAGED!

two websites come to mind:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/ GREAT recipes and tips! MANY favorites.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Haven't used the eggface site much, but is highly recommended. Hungry Girl, is the awesomest imho!

Edited by TheRealMeIsHere!

Thanks will check them out????

Hi everyone! I don't have my date yet but I'm expecting it to be in July. I've completed all my program's requirements and I meet with the surgeon on Friday and they'll be submitting everything to insurance then. I'm hoping I'll get my date at that appointment!

I don't have to do a pre-op liquid diet. I did have to lose 10% of my excess weight though, which was 16 pounds. I went above and beyond and so far I've lost 27. :)

Edited by MrsRoboto

Hi everyone! I don't have my date yet but I'm expecting it to be in July. I've completed all my program's requirements and I meet with the surgeon on Friday and they'll be submitting everything to insurance then. I'm hoping I'll get my date at that appointment!

I don't have to do a pre-op liquid diet. I did have to lose 10% of my excess weight though, which was 16 pounds. I went above and beyond and so far I've lost 27. :)

MrsRoboto congrats I hope u do get your date soon and congrats on the successful completion of your requirements, I know it wasn't easy but when you have determination fueling you all things are possible. Keep us updated on the approval and scheduling outcome. Welcome sleever!

Hi smkallen67, that's exciting! Congrats on your approval and sleeve date fellow July sleever. I wish all I had to do was lose 25 lbs instead of these yucky liquids. :( Let me know what you decide to do as a regimen to lose those pounds and I will gladly share tips with you as I learn. Thanks for the response to the thread!

Have you tries EAS AdvantEdge RTD shakes, they aren't as thick as some others? Or are you required to drink certain ones prescribed by your doc? Also, if not required to stick with certain ones, Designer whey, mixed with Water and crushed ice, in a bullet is DELISH. You could experiment with flavors, chocolate with PB2 is one of my favs.

Alot of people, also, like nectar Protein powder

Edited by TheRealMeIsHere!