Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to bypass approved today

I am scared and excited approved for revision. All Fluid taken out of band 10 c. pre op assessment 2 July along with dietician meeting to discuss pre op diet think the revision will be mid August anyone else in August :)

I'm currently pre op but I just wanted to drop you a quick congratulations! You will do wonderfully!

Thank you what surgery have you chosen x

Well, I initially thought I wanted the sleeve, but now I'm pretty set on the bypass. I want to get my surgeon's input before making a final decision. I finally have my consult tomorrow! It's the last step before surgery!

That's the best option to speak to your surgeon for the best option for you but it's exciting x

You are going to love the bypass! I was revised from band to rny may 2014. I am below my goal weight which is a normal bmi. I wear a size 6 and honestly I am so much healthier than I was with the band. The band worked for me but I could never lose the last 20 pounds and I had a lot of sliming and throwing up. I have had no sliming and haven't thrown up at all! It's so much easier than the band. Wish I had done it first lol good luck!

Thank you really looking forward to no more slimming. hard work right now as all the Fluid was taken out my band yesterday. So it's all up to my until mid August x

Just had meeting with surgeon on May 29, 2015, my surgery date is August 5, 2015. I started this journey last year in November 2014, researching, classes, etc. I am ready, more excided than afraid. I have second guess myself at times, but it doesn't last long. The only concern I do think about is the extra skin, but at the end of the day I am going for better health.

Just had meeting with surgeon on May 29, 2015, my surgery date is August 5, 2015. I started this journey last year in November 2014, researching, classes, etc. I am ready, more excided than afraid. I have second guess myself at times, but it doesn't last long. The only concern I do think about is the extra skin, but at the end of the day I am going for better health.

I can promise that the extra skin won't bother you as much as you think.. Being thin really makes it ok. I did have plastics but before I did I was thrilled to be thin even with extra skin.

Hey Taysidebell,

I just had my revision from band to bypass on the 19th of June. I get discharged June 21, which is today. Everything went really well, not as bad as I thought it would be. I was nervous and scared too, wondering if I made the right decision. I have all these negative people in my life to do this or do that but, their not understanding the big picture of high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes. When you've tried everything else. I think it's time to let some people go. But you will be just fine. Have no worries.

Thank you good luck will follow our journey x now get your Protein and Water in take care x

You are going to love the bypass! I was revised from band to rny may 2014. I am below my goal weight which is a normal bmi. I wear a size 6 and honestly I am so much healthier than I was with the band. The band worked for me but I could never lose the last 20 pounds and I had a lot of sliming and throwing up. I have had no sliming and haven't thrown up at all! It's so much easier than the band. Wish I had done it first lol good luck!

Did insurance pay for your revision, if I may ask? If you only had the last 20 LBs to lose, did you have problems getting approved? Co-morbidities? I have 65 LBs to lose with major GERD, asthma, arthritis, knee replacement, kidney cancer, pre-diabetic, high lipids, horrible back pain, not to mention vomiting and sliming even with all restriction removed--yet have been told by UHC the revision is not medically necessary but "patient failure." I've hired Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy to handle my appeal, but am curious about your history. You look quite beautiful in your photo!

Thanx!

Okay, I was released yesterday after having my band to gastric done on the 19th. I am amazed at how well I'm doing. Which I'm not complaining. The only issue I'm having is the drain tube area. It's sore but tolerable. Wish me luck.

Did insurance pay for your revision, if I may ask? If you only had the last 20 LBs to lose, did you have problems getting approved? Co-morbidities? I have 65 LBs to lose with major GERD, asthma, arthritis, knee replacement, kidney cancer, pre-diabetic, high lipids, horrible back pain, not to mention vomiting and sliming even with all restriction removed--yet have been told by UHC the revision is not medically necessary but "patient failure." I've hired Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy to handle my appeal, but am curious about your history. You look quite beautiful in your photo!

Thanx!

I was self pay for my band and for my revision. I had my band unfilled and had to gain 40 pounds to qualify to be revised (crazy) but I did it and lost all the 40 plus 30 more. I was revised because my band had eroded. The band was a success for me until then. Best money I ever spent. I look it like this.. Most people don't bat an eye to buy a new car but to invest in your body is crazy.. I find my body the very best thing to invest in. I could drive a junk car and wouldn't care.

Thanx!

I was self pay for my band and for my revision. I had my band unfilled and had to gain 40 pounds to qualify to be revised (crazy) but I did it and lost all the 40 plus 30 more. I was revised because my band had eroded. The band was a success for me until then. Best money I ever spent. I look it like this.. Most people don't bat an eye to buy a new car but to invest in your body is crazy.. I find my body the very best thing to invest in. I could drive a junk car and wouldn't care.

Well you look absolutely amazing.