Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there any one out there that has had their surgery here in Kansas City??? I am looking into having mine there soon. I hope. My insurance won't cover it but they have an agreement with capitol one that I can get to cover the cost. I was wanting to know what all you had to do before the surgery and how long did you have to wait to have it done. Thanks

I was banded by Dr. Stephen Malley in Mission, KS. I attended his seminar in January. He usually has them on Saturdays, once or twice a month. Then I made an appointment for a consultation. After that, I had a surgery date for February 15.

Now, mind you, I was self-pay so I didn't have to jump through all the hoops that insurance puts you through.

Start by attending seminars from doctors in your areas. Once you find one you're comfortable with, start the process. I highly recommend Dr. Malley.

Good luck.

Sharon,

I just wanted to thank you for your encouragement. I am going to drive over 200miles to go to one of Dr. Malley's seminars. I have a local doctor who performs the surgery only 5 miles from my home, but like you said, "find a doctor that fits". Hence my drive in a couple of weeks.

My college room mate uses Dr Malley for her fills. She had the surgery in Mexico and he's the only doctor (local enough) who'd do it.

shell

Did you find a doctor? I use Jesse Lopez at Heartland spine and specialty. He and his staff are great!!!!!!!!!!!

quote=missourimule;499806]Is there any one out there that has had their surgery here in Kansas City??? I am looking into having mine there soon. I hope. My insurance won't cover it but they have an agreement with capitol one that I can get to cover the cost. I was wanting to know what all you had to do before the surgery and how long did you have to wait to have it done. Thanks

Is there any one out there that has had their surgery here in Kansas City??? I am looking into having mine there soon. I hope. My insurance won't cover it but they have an agreement with capitol one that I can get to cover the cost. I was wanting to know what all you had to do before the surgery and how long did you have to wait to have it done. Thanks

We are about the same age. Where abouts do you live? I am in Leavenworth, KS. Have you had your surgery yet? I have mine scheduled for Aug 8. I just went for the pre op education class yesterday. It's finally going to happen for me. I am excited and getting nervous.

Hi! I'm also one of Dr. Malley's patients. From the day I went to his seminar to the date of my surgery is about a month. I'm self pay so they scheduled me in for surgery as soon I they had a open space which ended up to be about a month. Besides going to the seminar, you'll have to go in for a consult with him and then after that, you schedule your surgery date. I hope this helps! My surgery is at the end of this month but so far I've heard so many wonderful things about Dr. Malley and I've had a great experience with him and his staff so far. So, I too highly recommend Dr. Malley!

I just found out that Dr. Malley's office closed.. I only found out when I called to verify my appointment time(I now live 6 hours from KC so I did not see all the news stories). Where have you guys gone to now? Do you know of he is opening back up? Thanks! Bill

I just found out that Dr. Malley's office closed.. I only found out when I called to verify my appointment time(I now live 6 hours from KC so I did not see all the news stories). Where have you guys gone to now? Do you know of he is opening back up? Thanks! Bill

Check with Blue Valley Surgical Associates in IA. We have two locations, Council Bluffs and Des Monies- hope this helps!

phone (913) 378-1365 or email

E-mail:info@bluevalleysurgical.com