Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone banded in December of '06?

Wow these are old posts I believe, going to reply to them anyhow, I am among the bandsters of Dec , 2006. I lost about 50 lbs, And don't seem to go any further, and so after all this time have decided to go with a revision to have band removed and have a gastric bypass, I am having the surgery done on Oct, 27, 2014, I am excited about it, I am in pretty good health, and have passed all the tests, my Iron is a bit low but am upping the iron for awhile, Got to go on an all liquid diet beginning the 13th, that is going to be tough as heck but I will do it. 2 weeks before the surgery and 2 weeks after. I hope this works for me, because this is the last attempt, Had I not decided to do this I would not get rid of the band because without it I would gain alot of weight I know I would, I have gotten used to it, not always happy with it, still get sick on occasion but afer all this time it is a way of life for me now. Please feel free to email me anytime, anyone, Mammysm@aol.com I love to hear from people. Donna

I'm a dec 06 bander. One of the best decisions I ever made. Gave up the daily struggle with myself and food. Big difference in my life!

I'm still here. Alone apparently. Where are the long term bandsters?
Few of us must be around

Hi Julie Norton,

Funny this message popped up as I was typing, I must be signed in. I got banded a few days after you did. I lost 40 lbs in the first 6 months but it was a terrible journey. I could never eat anything, I lost all my muscle mass and my hair, my skin was grey...i looked and felt terrible. It made my life miserable. I had it removed a few years later when I just couldn't deal wit it anymore. I had a baby and gained twice the weight, go figure...

Anyhow, it was miserable for me but for others it still works. I wished I would've gotten the sleeve instead but that probably has its troubles too. I'm blessed and happy more than ever, i love myself regardless but I wouldn't mind being thin again..haha.

Hi Julie Norton,

Funny this message popped up as I was typing, I must be signed in. I got banded a few days after you did. I lost 40 lbs in the first 6 months but it was a terrible journey. I could never eat anything, I lost all my muscle mass and my hair, my skin was grey...i looked and felt terrible. It made my life miserable. I had it removed a few years later when I just couldn't deal wit it anymore. I had a baby and gained twice the weight, go figure...

Anyhow, it was miserable for me but for others it still works. I wished I would've gotten the sleeve instead but that probably has its troubles too. I'm blessed and happy more than ever, i love myself regardless but I wouldn't mind being thin again..haha.

Thanks for the message.
I struggle with my band at times. I try to keep it under inflated so as not to irritate it... mostly it lets me keep food down. Sometimes not. It is frustrating at times.... but I am fairly used to it after 10 years. I hope I can keep it. Most do not as you probably know.
Congrats on the baby! What a great time. (I loved having my kids, but I got really big and had a yucky first marriage... )my remarriage was fabulous!!
I also wonder about the sleeve, but I am 62 so not looking for anymore surgery I hope....
Good luck on your future and thank you for writing