Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 8 months out and I am 50 lbs away from my goal weight . I was 448 lbs when I started losing weight then I had a gastric sleeve at 360 lbs. I had lost about 45 lbs before I had to have my left knee replaced and after surgery I had gained about 28 lbs ? What was all that about that steel doesn't weigh that much . So then I lost that weight and lots of sizes in pants.then my right knee was replaced 8 weeks after that and I gained another 22 lbs during my stay in the hospital. I couldn't eat anything lots of Protein Shakes. I understand it was Fluid retention after that but it took forever to shed it because my legs keep swelling up when I walk too much. I am now at 275 lbs after all this. So 50 more lbs and I will be at the weight I was at when I was a junior in high school. I have stalled at my weight loss for the last 2 weeks . I feel I have something to do with that because I have had a bit or 2 of potatoes ( my stomach still isn't very big about the size of a boiled egg and a half) I have cheated and had a piece of Peanut Butter fudge but only one because I got very sick because my system didn't like the sugar. You all know what happens with that issue lol . Dumping syndrome. So basically I can't get active the way I should because of my knee surgeries. Do to much and the get inflamed. I feel I need to go back to my bariatric liquid diet after surgery. My weight goes from 20 lbs back down to 275 lbs . I really don't eat the wrong things normally. I eat what is made for the family if it is breaded I take it off . I can't over eat at all my stomach won't allow it. What I am asking for is any advise on this .

I am having similar issues I am week 3 and have stalled. I was 110kg 244lbs and am now 102kg 224lbs so I shouldn't complain 20lbs is a lot. This week I have cut my meals back as eating 6 times a day is just too much!

Breakfast I have half protien shake lunch the rest of the protien shake afternoon tea two tablespoons of yoghurt dinner casserole 1/4 cup mushy. I am drinking 2-3 litres Water sip sip plus tea. My calories are about 500 You would think I would loose weight faster but I have Hashimotos so it's very slow. I am giving myself 12 months. My goal weight is 160lbs about 75kg. I haven't started any real exercise Still a bit embarrassed to put on leggings a tshirt My mind keeps saying I am fat.. which I am.. lol.. I just go for a stroll around the block in a dress It will get better when I get under 100k

I am having similar issues I am week 3 and have stalled. I was 110kg 244lbs and am now 102kg 224lbs so I shouldn't complain 20lbs is a lot. This week I have cut my meals back as eating 6 times a day is just too much!

Breakfast I have half protien shake lunch the rest of the protien shake afternoon tea two tablespoons of yoghurt dinner casserole 1/4 cup mushy. I am drinking 2-3 litres Water sip sip plus tea. My calories are about 500 You would think I would loose weight faster but I have Hashimotos so it's very slow. I am giving myself 12 months. My goal weight is 160lbs about 75kg. I haven't started any real exercise Still a bit embarrassed to put on leggings a tshirt My mind keeps saying I am fat.. which I am.. lol.. I just go for a stroll around the block in a dress It will get better when I get under 100k

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight. None of us lose at a constant or steady rate and most people experience their first stall about three weeks post-op.

That said, it doesn't sound like you are eating enough.

Your primary focus should be teaching your Protein and Fluid targets EVERY DAY. Don't listen to your old pre-op diet tape that says when you hit a stall you need to starve yourself. It may seem counterintuitive, but that is the worst thing you can do,

You have to get in your Protein and Fluid in order to heal and to lose weight.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Well diet Belle don't cut back on your meals just make sure you aren't putting any extra carbs in at this point . You get enough carbs in your Protein Shakes at this point and stalling at 3 weeks is very common . I did and so did several others. Your body needs what your NUT tells you to put in at this point. NUT is nutritionist for short. I would have answered sooner as I just went through another surgery of my own . I had to have my back fused one more time so I can walk and get back to work. Thus where I am going with this I gained almost 18 lbs through my surgery. It of coarse was Water weight from swelling after surgery. I am now back on track 2 weeks after back surgery i have lost 21 lbs. I am sure it was all water weight. As I still have another 50 lbs to go to hit my goal weight of 220lbs. I started my journey at 448 lbs in Dec 5 of 2014. I lost 88 lbs on my pre surgery diet. The day of my surgery i was 360 lbs I am now at and proud of it too. 270 lbs . So please stick to your plan and don't change it unless your NUT tells you to. Stalling is common with all of us and so is frustration lol you are doing great keep up the great work and just walk more and drink lots of clear fluids . Water is my best friend. Take care kiddo you got this

Oh my surgeversary is may 11th 2016. Will be 1 yr. It goes by fast. Pictures are awsome to look at when i started this and where i am now . Holy cow it is big improvement and 14 sizes in pants

Don't feel too bad almost at 6 weeks and only lost 12 lbs. getting all my nutrients and Proteins , Vitamins very active I think I'm losing inches but no lbs. I rather lose it slow then fast this may help on not getting the sagging skin I'm a pretty solid person. Just gang in there I'm trying to be very positive this will pass.

I'm in the same boat. My scale is STUCK. I don't know what to do. I get very little support from my surgeons office. I'm about 10 weeks out and I've only lost 24 lbs!! I plan to drink more Water and walk more. Not sure why this is happening???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm in the same boat. My scale is STUCK. I don't know what to do. I get very little support from my surgeons office. I'm about 10 weeks out and I've only lost 24 lbs!! I plan to drink more Water and walk more. Not sure why this is happening???

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

@Rogofulm YES, I'm 3 weeks out! and stalling already.

I've lost 18lbs in three weeks and I'm thinking my body is just in shock and it's adjusting.

Your post made me feel better.

I'm 6 weeks out and have only lost 21 lbs. I get my Protein in and Water. I have started working out. However I'm always hungry I don't feel as if I have a sleeve. The first 2 weeks I did but once I went to soft food I could not feel any restriction any advice?

My stats are like yours EXACTLY! I'm so discouraged. Would love a follow up on your progress so that I know what to look forward to.