Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

21 and just got banded!

I've noticed not a lot have comment in this group in a while but just thought I'd see if anyone would reply. I'm 21 and was banded on June 2. So far I've done really well except for the terrible gas pain in my left shoulder.

Just looking to talk to other banders around my age for support. I haven't told a lot of people that I had it so it's hard not having a lot of people to talk to. Any advice or suggestions from those that have been banded?

I'm still on liquids and get to move to mushy foods next week WOOHOO!! I also have my follow-up appointment next week that I'm excited for.

Thanks to anybody that replies :)

Hey! How are you doing? I'm going to get banded In a couple of weeks and I'm petrified lol

Stay focused this is the beginning of a long but rewarding journey

Hey! How are you doing? I'm going to get banded In a couple of weeks and I'm petrified lol

Stay focused this is the beginning of a long but rewarding journey

I'm doing really good. Next Thursday will be 1 month post-op. When I weighed in at my post-op check up I had lost 21 lbs. I am schedule to get my first fill July 10th. I already can tell a huge difference in my body. I feel so much better! I can eat pretty much anything right now. I am definitely ready for a fill though. Good luck and keep me posted. After surgery make sure to walk as soon as you feel like it. That will help with the leftover gas that is in your body from where they blow you up. Keep me posted on how you do. It helps to have people to talk to that know what you are going through. Good luck!! :)

My surgery is booked for July 25th partly excited of the thought of losing weight and becoming almost unrecognisable! Seeing my body change is defiantly motivation

Glad your doing well! Lucky you to be able to eat anything lets hope I've the same luck

My surgery is booked for July 25th partly excited of the thought of losing weight and becoming almost unrecognisable! Seeing my body change is defiantly motivation

Glad your doing well! Lucky you to be able to eat anything lets hope I've the same luck

Let me know how your surgery goes!!

Hi guys. I had my surgery last week, and today I was allowed to start eating mushy food. You guys can ask me any questions.

I was so excited when I got to eat mushy food. I am exactly 1 month post op and feel great! I can eat pretty much anything and will have my first fill next Friday. Good luck!

How long did it take you before you tried new foods that my program says to avoid like beef.

I tried beef this past weekend. It was okay I just really had to take my time eating it. I didn't really start having solid foods till last week. I was on liquid 2 weeks mushy 1 week and then week 4 I could start solid foods.

For me, I was only on liquids 1 week and now I started mushy. They told me if I feel ok I can start solids after another week. The only trade off I guess was I did 3 weeks of liquids pre op.

For me, I was only on liquids 1 week and now I started mushy. They told me if I feel ok I can start solids after another week. The only trade off I guess was I did 3 weeks of liquids pre op.

Oh okay! I only did a 10 day pre-op diet and it was high protein-low carb

Hi guys I'm 26 & in Nov It will be 1yr since surgery ???? was best decision I ever made personally. I was 108kg I am now 85kg gone from a size 22 to a size 16

I know no one as posted in here for a while but I am 24 and am two weeks post op. How is everyone coping with their band ?

I know no one as posted in here for a while but I am 24 and am two weeks post op. How is everyone coping with their band ?

Hey! Things are going good for me. I am 4 months post op and I've lost about 30 lbs. I have had 3 fills so far. I'm enjoying life with the band. It has definitely changed my life so far....of course the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I want but the inches are. I knew it wouldn't be an overnight change though. This last full I'm feeling a lot more restriction. How are you feeling??

I am not losing the initial weight people lose post op and it is making me a bit anxious whether this is working or not. I have my first fill early November, how did you feel after your first fill?

And has the band affected your social life?