Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I would like to share the complete 100% truth and facts, about the company Weight loss agents. For those of you who are familiar with Weight Loss Agents, you may or may not know already, that they work with two Bariatric Doctors, one in Miami, Florida (Dr.choi), and the other in Tijuana, Mexico (Dr.Almanza). Initially as a first time inquiry on the WeightLossAgents.com website, the first thing you see is the attractive red priced tag for the gastric sleeve, which advertises it for as low as $4,099.00. Though the website does not disclose the immediate locations the surgery takes place, it very much encourages you to call them or to manually enter your contact information, to obtain more detail and insight. The deceiving starts as soon as you call Weight Loss Agents, I say so because as soon as your call gets answered, you're greeted with a "Hello, Doctors office, this is ______ speaking...". The location where Weight Loss Agents, receive and make their calls is not a "Doctors office" as they say. It's simply a location full of computers and teenagers. That's right, I said teenagers. The person who you are talking to on the other line, about a life changing surgery, and all of your concerns (if you've ever contacted WLA before) is most likely a teenager. The founders of Weight Loss Agents (which is NOT Dr.Almanza nor Dr.Choi or any doctor they schedule surgeries for) hire young teenagers starting at the age of 18, compensated at $9.00 per hour, with NO medical experience at all to: schedule surgeries, give consultations, and give advise on bariatric and cosmetic procedures. These "knowledgeable surgical coordinators" are trained by another "senior surgical coordinator" who once again has no medical experience as well. In fact the only difference between a regular coordinator and senior coordinator is the length of time they've been deceiving these patients for (Their is no difference between a senior coordinator and regular coordinator, the only difference is that one is recently hired and the other, has been working for weightlossagents.com for a year or more). Those who are hired, are given a verbal training class of about 2-3 days of basic information, about Mexico, the pricing of the most popular surgeries, and rebuttals about traveling. These "surgical coordinators" are encouraged to seek advise from another "surgical coordinator" if a patient ask what seems to be a basic question, that any medical surgery scheduling center would be able to answer- this is what is going to happen or has happened already, if the question asked has already been assisted prior; the question will get searched. What I mean by this, is if you go through the history on the computers internet history, most questions that are asked via the website/phone by the patient, are searched online, via google, and then are re-worded to give a somewhat correct response/answer to the patient.

After the "surgical coordinators" have graduated from the 3 day average verbal training class (which is complete nonsense), from their they are introduced to a live phone with a complementary computer, that will allow the "coordinator" with complete and full access to view any patients file... including their credit card information. YES that's right, since weightlossagents.com makes every patient that wants to be booked by them send in the front and back picture of their credit card along with the picture of their credit card holder I,D, you would figure that this information would be shredded as soon as its glanced upon and verified, but no, if that was or is your assumption your wrong. They actually attach it to your file, kinda like a resume on e-mail, and ANYONE including the freshly hired 18 year old coordinator, can easily view your credit card information and go on a shopping spree a few days later. I also forgot to mention Weight Loss Agents does not drug test or perform background checks on their employees, which is a vital way to perform a security clearance on potential candidates. But despite the fact that the founders of Weight Loss Agents are making a huge commission per surgery scheduled for the doctors, they wish to not run back ground checks, drug test, or hire actual medical professionals to assist their concerned patients, because they rather save their money, then assist you properly as a patient

Another huge concern most patients stumble across, is the amount of surgeries Dr.Almanza performs a day. If you attempt to ask Weight Loss Agents this, you will receive a generic response, which will most likely reflect something like this "we do not have access to the amount of surgeries Dr.Almanza has scheduled for your surgery date, but I can assure you he's a great doctor, with plenty of experience, you will be in good hands". Though this answer is partly true, because only about 2-3 of the "senior surgical coordinators" have access to view this information. Reason is, the founders are afraid, that if a patient ask, and they receive the true answer they will most likely cancel their procedure, and run for the hills. So to prevent such a thing, the founders of the company only granted a select few this access, but even those with the ability to actually see the amount of surgeries scheduled, they will not tell you the truth, they will give you the generic answer. But to give you the answer, Dr.Almanza performs on average about 8 surgeries on a slow day, and will perform up to 20 surgeries a day, on a busy day. If this does not concern you yet, then the post-op medical care at Hotel Real Del Rio will. The so called "nurses" located at the nurses station at the hotel, are not real licensed nurses. They are simply people like the "surgical coordinators", they are just trained for the basics. Like how to change bandages, remove gauze, bring food to the patients ect. If their is a major concern, then yes, the staged nurse will contact a real nurse (which mind you their is about a handful of licensed nurses that work for Dr.Almanza).

I'm in no shape or form degrading any of the surgeons partnered with Weight Loss Agents, as surgeons, because they are licensed and do have YEARS of experience as a CERTIFIED surgeons. But I do not recommend going through Weight Loss agents, because they are not who they intend to be, they are great posers. Do you really want to be speaking to someone inexperienced about your concerns about feeling ill after your surgery? Or do you want to speak to someone who knows what their saying, most patients take what these "surgical coordinators" say as actual fact, and chose to not follow-up with an actual professional; a small error like this can cause fatality. (My intentions are not to offend anyone who is using or has used Weight Loss Agents services, or anyone who is working for them, I am simply shedding light).

I chose to not disclose my personal information, for privacy, But do take what I'm saying as actual fact, If you are questioning anything I have to say, checkout out what bariatric pal had to say as well if you have not already: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/337950-bariatricpal-is-no-longer-affiliated-or-recommending-dr-mario-almanza/

Wow this is very sad :-(.......

There is a few post on here from a while back ....maybe 5/6 months ago about a few doctors that are doing bad business, it's things like this that make me want to reconsider.

Wow this is very sad :-(.......

There is a few post on here from a while back ....maybe 5/6 months ago about a few doctors that are doing bad business, it's things like this that make me want to reconsider.

Don't let things like this discourage you, there are excellent doctors in Mexico with people who have had a very successful surgery and a 100% life change for the better. If you go to Almanza, you might have the change for the worse. For example, If you have a successful surgery with Almanza, you might want to check yourself for any cross-contamination issues in six months when returning from Almanza. Almanza has known to do up to 20 surgeries in one day. When doing your surgery research, one of the questions should be is how many surgeries can a surgeon do in one day? Here's is something to consider-An average surgery takes 1 hour (text book surgery without extra work, running into other extra patient issues, etc.). Clean up takes about another hour for appropriate sterilization and preparing for the next patient. If a surgeon does 5 patients, that's already 10 hours.

WeightLossAgents and Almanza are committing gross negligence. They will lie to you and say there's no deaths, but knowingly will take your money and send you to the slaughter house. The whole business model is getting too greedy. Especially when stories like this pop up, something is seriously wrong.

Research takes some time, but choosing the right place is worth the research, price and your time.

Edited by watchoutinmexico

This is total BS. I was at Weight loss agents, used Dr. Almonza and had the surgery. I've lost 130 lbs and counting 9 months after sleeve surgery. they were completely professional. State of the art technology and very careful to make sure my needs were met before they let me leave. The pre surgery and post follow-up was excellent and I highly recommend them. This testimonial is obviously fake made by a competitor. Shameful that some people have to try and get ahead by tearing someone else down.

Edited by Sleeveguy

This is total BS. I was at Weight loss agents, used Dr. Almonza and had the surgery. I've lost 130 lbs and counting 9 months after sleeve surgery. they were completely professional. State of the art technology and very careful to make sure my needs were met before they let me leave. The pre surgery and post follow-up was excellent and I highly recommend them. This testimonial is obviously fake made by a competitor. Shameful that some people have to try and get ahead by tearing someone else down.

Why are you so upset? This site is to share info, knowledge and opinions. Sounds to me like you are one of the agents who are known to say exactly what you said. That its a tactic by a competitor. I find it offensive that we patients are treated as a herd a $ by these companies. That's why its so important to do research.

Sent from my LG-H872 using BariatricPal mobile app

Sounds a little rehearsed to me. Not to mention the fact that you didn't even spell the surgeon's name right. Surely if he was your surgeon, the least research you would have done is to learn the correct spelling of his name.

Seems like the fake testimonial is coming from you.

We really need to do research, and not listen to people who can't even spell 'their' surgeon's name.

I too was sleeved by Dr. Alamanza In TJ on 1/21/2013. I believe he did 10 sleeves that day (I was his 6th). Although I wasn't too happy about that, I had a positive experience and have experienced very successful WL and overall health results. The reason I chose Dr. Almanza was because at that time, he was probably the most experienced VSG surgeon available.

I wish people would limit their criticism to those who actually used his services, vs. passing along hearsay...

Do your homework. Then make an informed decision. You may want to schedule with any Dr. on a slow day. I believe Mondays are the busiest, due to the weekend...

I would wear clothes from Goodwill.

I would buy food at Aldi.

I would buy a fixer upper house, car, boat, etc..

But when it comes to surgery, I wouldn't go anywhere but a center of excellence affiliated with a major trauma center and preferably at a major research hospital. My surgeon needs to be board certified in his/her specialty and must have a reputation for excellence.

There are no guarantees in life. However, sometimes increasing the benefit-vs-risk odds is worth the extra cost.

To each their own, however.

I too had surgery with Dr. Almanza in May 2016 and I still say to this day (and I'm sure I will continue to say) that the care I received before, during and after the surgery was above and beyond what I have ever received here in the US. I had a major anxiety attack before my surgery because I went alone and my husband wasn't with me. They even calmed me down from that before taking me in. It was a Friday when I was there and one of their busiest days. I want to say there were about 8-10 of us in the group. They had a full cardiac evaluation before the surgery, the doctor sat down and introduced himself, spent time with all of us and told us all about himself. The hotel afterwards wasn't the Ritz but it was clean, had all of the amenities needed and it was comparable to something like a Laquinta Inn. Maybe not my first pick but definitely acceptable to me. Their nurses and doctor following up in the hotel did so professionally and practiced sterile and clean technique (I've been an RN for many years and I knew what to look for) and now my husband is going to the same this summer.

I agree...I am betting that most of the people saying negative things about this doctor are those who are hearing all of it second hand and not experiencing the doctor or practice firsthand.

Thank-you jennyleec68... Secondhand stories are not helpful.

I am 100% agree what you said about weight loss agents. They had teenagers working. I had my gastric sleeve done 2012 with Dr Almanza and that time I had great experience and no complications at all. They were new at that time and were offering more higher price but great service I paid 5k. But I just recently had my mummy makeover surgery done with Dr Rafael Camberos on September 2018 i went through weight loss agents. I have no complaints about Drs and their experience. Both Drs are great and have lost of experience but the patient after care is terrible very very very bad. Yes I agree the have young girls working as nurses there in the so called Grand View Hospital . They are not trained and have no patient care manners at all. All they do is socializing and laughing. If you need the help they give you totally strange look. You live there in the facility like a prisoner . I experience there few times personally they hide my call or service bell so I could not ask them for help and I had my whole body sore with Lipo and Tummy Tuck and armlift. I had stitches all over and I really needed someone help me lift up from bed or put bandage on my wounds but I had to ask few times before they come for help . If nurse will come for help, she look at you as a supervisor that you do everything yourself. I stayed there 6 night . Out of six nights they only provide 3 days food only . which was only one time of meal. But the price I paid for my surgery suppose to include meals as well. But only got one meal a day for only 3 days out of 6 days. After surgery you need energy from food to recover as well , but I swear to God I was starved to death . I got so weak in 6 days after so much blood lose and also from not been eaten. That Grand View hospital is too far and gated place you can't even go out to buy some food. And on top if you don't know Spanish that's another delama.

I would not recommend anyone to go to that Grand view Hospital in Mexico. If you really spending money go to some one else for extra few hundred bucks but never ever go to Grand View hospital. I am lucky that I servived but I don't want anyone get the same experience like i had. I have tears in my eyes while I am writing this. Life is more important than money. Please do your research before booking any surgery with weight loss agents.

On 3/5/2018 at 3:16 PM, jennyleec68 said:

I too had surgery with Dr. Almanza in May 2016 and I still say to this day (and I'm sure I will continue to say) that the care I received before, during and after the surgery was above and beyond what I have ever received here in the US. I had a major anxiety attack before my surgery because I went alone and my husband wasn't with me. They even calmed me down from that before taking me in. It was a Friday when I was there and one of their busiest days. I want to say there were about 8-10 of us in the group. They had a full cardiac evaluation before the surgery, the doctor sat down and introduced himself, spent time with all of us and told us all about himself. The hotel afterwards wasn't the Ritz but it was clean, had all of the amenities needed and it was comparable to something like a Laquinta Inn. Maybe not my first pick but definitely acceptable to me. Their nurses and doctor following up in the hotel did so professionally and practiced sterile and clean technique (I've been an RN for many years and I knew what to look for) and now my husband is going to the same this summer.

I agree...I am betting that most of the people saying negative things about this doctor are those who are hearing all of it second hand and not experiencing the doctor or practice firsthand.

I want to put my point of view. Surgery in Mexico. I had 2 times experience and also referred atleast 7 people. There is no question about Tijuana Docs Dr Almanza and Dr Camberos experiences and their practices . No doubt they both are pros.

But there is question mark on the after care facility they have Grant View Hospital. Horrible horrible Horrible place horrible experience. Nurse have no medical background at all. Hospital look more like a socializing place rather than hospital. Other than few nurse Cecilia and Alex. The nurse are not trained at all or even they are trained they don't want to work as a professional nurses. After care their in th facility is worst I never seen ever in my life. Even here in this world we dont treat animals like the way nurses in Grant View Hospital in Tijuana treat human beings.

I would never ever in my life reccomend anyone to go there. There are so many Medical Tourism places in the world to go. Please do your research before you make your decision.

R