Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hey guys so for me its been 1 month post op and i feel fantastic :)

but i had been following what my doctor has been telling me to do with keep adding new foods every week!

the problem is that i havent pooped in about a week in a half.... anyone else had this problem? my nurse said i can take some Miralax but i dont like what lax does to you i just want it o come out naturally but now im getting worried.

ugh helps or tips are much appreciated :) !

sorry if this is TMI :P

all the best,

Courtney :)

Ohhh girl take the Miralax. If it ever goes over 5 days, you have to do something. Introducing new foods can just be trial and error. If you're getting your Protein in, things should go smoother.

Take the laxative! I had major Constipation issues after all three of my plastic surgeries. I tried Miralax and Dulcolax and the gentle version did nothing for me. I popped two Exlax and six hours later...ahhhhhhhhh, much better, lol.

Hope you feel better soon!

You can also try drinking Smooth Move Tea. Most stores carry it in the tea section. It is a herbal tea that helps get things moving. I try to drink a cup every couple of days so I don't get backed up.

I went 5 days and after being very uncomfortable and swollen took a laxative. Make sure you are home ???? I had severe cramping but it did the trick. 24 hrs later all better.

I dealt with this today as well.

Took miralax two days in a row with nothing so finally just went out and bought a bottle of magnesium citrate and drank half and that did the trick!

Miralax draws Water from your colon and softens your stool, it shouldn't cause the cramps and explosions (lol) that exlax does.

I still take a capful daily just to ensure I stay regular, even at 10 weeks post op. Constipation is super uncomfortable and I'll do anything to prevent it!

Edited by goregalore

Ya I've only pooped once in 2 weeks and that was about a week ago. It sux! I'm only 10 days post op. Not sure what is safe for me to take so early

Squizzo, ask your surgeon. Mine gave me the okay for Milk of Magnesia/Miralax.

Constipation was the worst part of my experience getting the sleeve. Now, I am about 9 months out, and never seem to ave this problem on any regular basis. Once you are able to eat cooked veggies, try a can of spinach a day. The brand I use has 12 grams of carbs and ALL of them are Fiber so they pass through.

I know, I know, canned spinach tastes awful - think of it as medicine, and just eat it, it will work fairly fast. I also take into account any Fiber I eat and try to get at least 20-25 grams a day from all my sources. I find that as time goes on, I can find more and more foods that give me that fiber without compromising my dietary restrictions.

Take every opportunity to add a higher fiber food over a lower fiber one. Of course, during your recovery immediately after surgery and during the first few months, the best way is either milk of magnesia or miralax. MOM works faster than miralax for me.

Take the lax. I am three months out and if I don't get my veggies I still take one about every week.

If you try yo do it naturally you could make it worse because it will take too long. I hate raking laxatives too but have had tp post op a few times. The good news is, once you start going you'll feel soooooooo much better

Smooth Move tea has been a Godsend for me! More effective than Miralax, and it's a nice calming break in my day. If I drink in the evening, all is better in the morning. No cramps at all. You do not want to go more than a few days between bm's--very uncomfortable!

Take the miralax. My doctor put me on colace from day 1. By day 5 (my 3rd day home) I had my first BM and I have been regular ever since. I was on colace for the first 30 days post op. Sometime your body needs that jumpstart right after surgery and while it's adjusting to your new eating habits. By the time I was done with colace I had incorporated foods back into my diet that would allow my to go naturally.

I was adding fresh spinach to my Protein shakes about a week post op. I preferred the Protein powder over ready made shakes. I just toss a handful into the nutra-bullet along with everything else. It's was blended up and liquefied. I still got my Protein, but also enough fiber to stay regular.