Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gain weight....on purpose.

Hi all.

Sleeved July 22 2014. Time of surgery I was 216. My goal was to make it to 155-160. I'm 5'6. Well 160 came and went. And 155. And 150...I am currently sitting at 130. Which is way way too thin. How do I put weight back on? It seems no matter what i eat....i do not gain. I'm currently on holiday and I have been eating like an absolute animal. pizza. Pasta. Crepes. Ice cream. And I've lost two pounds. I've been to a nutritionist and she gave me some hints (whipping cream in my smoothies lol) but I'm looking for other tricks or tips from my fellow sleevers. I need to put back on 20 or so pounds before I can book plastics.

I unfortunately do not have your problem. We are close to the same weight but I'm about 4inches shorter. I don't gain much weight when I eat junk either, but I do gain weight if I really focus on Protein and not on calories. Maybe try adding a decent Protein shake to your day. Use a blender and mix in almond milk, Greek yogurt, PB2 or even real Peanut Butter if you want more calories, and a good Protein powder mix. This can easily add 500 calories to your day.

Also, you don't want to gain 20 pounds of fat before plastics. If you get plastics first, you can add muscle and your skin will look great, however if you just gain 20 pounds from eating junk, after plastics you will look fine, but if you lose that weight you may not like your results as much. If I could have had plastics at the weight I'm at now, I would have, although honestly, I was about 25 pounds bigger when I started my procedures and I really don't see much difference than I imagine would have been the case if I waited until I was smaller. I would have changed my boob implant size since now they are a little too big, but that's about it.

I'm allergic to whey and since it seems to be in everything I don't handle shakes so well. I do make a shake with blended cottage cheese and yogurt tho and it's quite good. I can eat great or like a trashcan and it doesn't seem to matter. I fluctuate up and down two or three pounds. I need to gain back quite a bit of fat as I'm having the fat sucked out and put into my bum. I don't want bum implants so I gotta get some fat on the go.

Good luck. It's really tough. I'm your height and keep dropping. Now at 123.

On 30/05/2015 at 4:43 PM, shiftymcgee said:

Hi all.

Sleeved July 22 2014. Time of surgery I was 216. My goal was to make it to 155-160. I'm 5'6. Well 160 came and went. And 155. And 150...I am currently sitting at 130. Which is way way too thin. How do I put weight back on? It seems no matter what i eat....i do not gain. I'm currently on holiday and I have been eating like an absolute animal. pizza. Pasta. Crepes. Ice cream. And I've lost two pounds. I've been to a nutritionist and she gave me some hints (whipping cream in my smoothies lol) but I'm looking for other tricks or tips from my fellow sleevers. I need to put back on 20 or so pounds before I can book plastics.

I am curious what will your bmi be if you gain 20lbs?

On 30/05/2015 at 5:28 PM, AvaFern said:

I unfortunately do not have your problem. We are close to the same weight but I'm about 4inches shorter. I don't gain much weight when I eat junk either, but I do gain weight if I really focus on Protein and not on calories. Maybe try adding a decent Protein  shake to your day. Use a blender and mix in almond milk, Greek yogurt, PB2 or even real Peanut Butter if you want more calories, and a good Protein  powder mix. This can easily add 500 calories to your day.

Also, you don't want to gain 20 pounds of fat before plastics. If you get plastics first, you can add muscle and your skin will look great, however if you just gain 20 pounds from eating junk, after plastics you will look fine, but if you lose that weight you may not like your results as much. If I could have had plastics at the weight I'm at now, I would have, although honestly, I was about 25 pounds bigger when I started my procedures and I really don't see much difference than I imagine would have been the case if I waited until I was smaller. I would have changed my boob implant size since now they are a little too big, but that's about it.

We had a similar start , my goal is 130lbs i was wondering how long it took you to get to your goal and what your daily eating is like i am about 9 weeks in and have stalled for over a month! :(

Just an update on this old post.. I was struggling with this same issue when I commented but my weight began after a couple years to normalize on its own.