Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Repost* Not losing weight/what am I doing wrong?

stay the course.......continue what you are doing and it will happen......

if you are doing what your doctor/nutritionist says to do, then you are doing a good job

stop reading/comparing your loss to someone else or because they had a different surgery than you...anyone on this wonderful earth lose weight the same way...one pound at a time..we must work off/burn more calories than we eat...that is how we lose weight...our WLS helps us eat less...UP to us to do the eating...DO NOT expect the WLS of your choice to do all the work kiddo..if you do, then you are in trouble already..

whether you like it or not, the first month or two or (three) if you are newly banded or any WLS... you are healing...you are swollen, your not hungry and then you get hungry, trust me the hunger will return...(head hunger is real btw)...being on liquids or soft foods will make you lose weight...most people lost a good deal doing liquids...i know i sure did

but NOW is the time to get your mind into the game...if you are struggling now, what will you do when the scale/weight loss does slow down for real (and it will).......this is where you need to measure your (true and actual weight loss in inches aka clothes getting too big or you need to buy smaller ones...that is a GREAT feeling)..

PS: not eating/starving yourself doesnt work..diets dont work

we all have dieted and well, you know how that turned out

eating good food in your band allotted amounts and beginning some sort of exercise/movement does work.. promise

if YOU keep going, you will get there...

focus on inches LOST as that is true WEIGHT LOSS

on a side/personal note: i left this forum because it saddened me to read people saying i only lost this...and then how bad the (band) was BUT i want to reach out to those people like myself who want to lose weight...not to be a size 2 or weigh 100 pounds..but those (like me)..the larger BMI people.... when i started, i needed to lose weight to be able to merely walk again...

WLS its not an easy road but its not an overly hard road either...

get off the pity party..eat real/clean food/move your body and do what you need and know to do

it will happen if you let it..and then do it...

repeat daily for best results

Good to see you my friend and excellent post as always. I have long gave up trying to debate the band haters. I know it works for me but I also know that it may not work for others. WLS is not a one size fits all surgery.

It's about finding what works for you and then work it. I am for all forms of WLS if it helps a person reach their goal of getting healthly. What I am against is bashing any form of WLS.

Only thing I really get hung up on is when someone says "Oh you have an awful lot of weight to lose. I wouldn't recommend the band". 99% of the time it is a non-bander saying it with no experience with the band to back it up.

All wls works when your head is in the right place. I believe a lot of people that bag wls wish they had it.

I agree and Protein FIRST. I have gained a few pounds recently and I went back and read my book Protein FIRST. I am starting to eat right again. Wish me luck !:)

Sent from my KFTT using the BariatricPal App