Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, my name is Jane, and I am.....a scale junkie :/

I am now 3 weeks & 2 days post and I am pretty sure I have hit the INFAMOUS three week stall (or plateau). I hate that inner me that needs to know that the scale is moving. My follow-up with surgeon is Tuesday and I would really like to be below 240 by then...2 lousy pounds. I have, for some unknown reason, had it in my head since the appt was scheduled that I wanted to be in the 230's and I haven't made it and its driving me nuts. I have already had a couple of small NSVs and its awesome but the scale thing is something I have fought since my twenties.

Anyone else out there a scale junkie? How are you coping? I moved it out of sight and am not getting on it but every third day. "Taylor" (scale manufacturer) and I will meet up on Sunday morning (sans clothes, of course) and hope I have made some progress.

I am a "scale junkie", usually hopping on and off 3-4 times a day. I can do it because the number reflected does not bother me in the slightest. It simply keeps me on track.

You are not in a stall unless your weight doesn't move up or down for three entire weeks. In the meantime, take your measurements, use your clothing as a gauge, find a pair of tight pants and see if they start to loosen... That's the TRUTH behind your body changes.

Who is going to see the number on the scale in real life? Really, the important thing is how you FEEL in your jeans. :D

I too am a scale junkie. BUT post-op, I made a deal with myself. ONLY the 1st weigh in of the day would count as my official weight for the day. There are too many other things that can influence my weight later in the day. I really try not to take it too seriously and remind myself that as long as my weight is headed down over time, then I'm on track.

During the 1st few months post-op, the weight was dropping so fast that I would weight myself when I first got up, then again after a poop, then after I pee, and then again after work or exercising. It was exciting! (I know, I have no life. :P ) Now, I'm satisfied weighing in the morning and again after work.

@@LipstickLady thanks for clarifying the 3 week stall. I have lost weight over the years and of course gained it back and I am familiar with the lose weight...stall (plateau)....lose weight....stall (plateau). I just haven't seen it move in two days and I am seeing "Taylor" more and more. I will keep trying on those tight shorts and see if I can get them up :D

Thanks for your words of wisdom, as always you are good at pointing out the reality of our new life. The scales numbers don't really matter, just good for keeping me on track.

Jane

@@joatsaint I am glad to see "scale junkies" are not just a girl thing. I truly haven't met a guy who would admit it. Even athletes and men who are overweight that I have known over the years wouldn't admit to jumping on the scale three and four times a day.

I am pretty good about only weighing post-op in the morning. But if the weight is higher than the day before, I am on it 3-4 times that day, after work. I put "Taylor" out of sight and I am not going to get on it until Sunday morning <hopefully> .

I weigh myself every morning. I think I like to torture myself, as I am turning out to be a slow loser. I only lost 6.6 lbs. last month and so far this month 4.2 lbs ( can I please lose at least one more by Monday?). I will be 4 mos. post op on 6/3.

I weigh myself every morning. Cm four weeks out and dealing with PMS-no weight gain but no loss either. Also dealing with Constipation. I adjust my diet as necessary. More fluids etc and increase my exercise

As needed

Guess I will be a scale junkie.

I am now 3 weeks & 2 days post and I am pretty sure I have hit the INFAMOUS three week stall (or plateau). I hate that inner me that needs to know that the scale is moving. My follow-up with surgeon is Tuesday and I would really like to be below 240 by then...2 lousy pounds. I have, for some unknown reason, had it in my head since the appt was scheduled that I wanted to be in the 230's and I haven't made it and its driving me nuts. I have already had a couple of small NSVs and its awesome but the scale thing is something I have fought since my twenties.

Anyone else out there a scale junkie? How are you coping? I moved it out of sight and am not getting on it but every third day. "Taylor" (scale manufacturer) and I will meet up on Sunday morning (sans clothes, of course) and hope I have made some progress.

What is an NSV?