Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it odd that at 3.5 weeks I am able to eat 10 medium shrimp or 3 oz of chicken without pushing limits. I've followed every rule set by my doctor and have been trying to get enough rest to heal...my point is. Should I be concerned that I'm eating too much?

I think that is too much. At that point I could only eat a few shrimp, maybe 4 or 5 over about 30 minutes.

In fact I can't eat 10 shrimp now, actually. I'm almost 9 months out.

Is the chicken soft/shredded?

Yes, the chicken is very soft and I make sure to chew well also.

Do you think I should just choose to eat less?

I try for 4 small meals a day and that has been fine. I average 500-600 cals and make all my Protein and fluids.

And thank you for responding!

I just don't want to mess this up.

Edited by Shaun_na

My Dr stated that getting in 3ozs is right about average. But 10 shrimp does seem really high. I don't know what that would translate to ground up, maybe you should grind it up and see.

If you can stick to less , do so, just because you can,doesn't mean you should. You want successful weight loss ! although shrimp is not a hamburger and fries! ???? as long as you can keep to restrictions and don't feel hungry you will be a superstar!

Measuring is definitely the key for me, as I don't feel hungry or full, I could happily just drink Water all day but it makes sense to just do less.

Thanks guys I genuinely appreciate the input!

I HAVE to rely on a kitchen scale to weigh EVERY Protein serving. I was told by my doctor NOT to exceed 4 ounces of Protein at any one meal. At seven weeks out (sleeved 4/13/15) I am allowed 1/2 C cooked vegetables ONCE a day and never to be a high carb vegetable like peas. Next week I get to add 1/2 C fresh fruit but not at the same meal as the vegetables.

I feel little restriction as well. I know without the kitchen scale I would eat too much for my eyeball judgement is not very accurate about portion size.

I'm definitely not there yet. I would never get my Protein in if I could eat 1/2 C vegetables.

I had shrimp today, 6 of them and it felt exactly the same as 10 so I'll will use caution, bc I obviously do not know! Lol

I'm actually glad that this topic involves shrimp. I was just wondering today how many I should be eating. I decided to limit myself to two ounces, which was 3 shrimp. While I wasn't hungry, I felt like I was under-eating. Perhaps tomorrow I'll up it to three ounces.

I too could probably eat 10 shrimp before I started actually feeling full. I really don't feel much restriction.

I'm 7 mos post op and can eat 4-5 shrimp. Definitely talk to your doctor about this. The calorie count sounds right. You're probably fine if you're following your program guidelines but it can't hurt to ask/check.

I also am 3 1/2 weeks out and I measure out everything because I don't want to ever feel that uncomfortable feeling everyone talks about when they eat too much. I can eat 1/4 c of Beans but still only 1 ounce of chicken and eggs it usually satisfies me so i don't push more. I notice the only time i feel hunger is towards the night.

I know I've had head hunger and thankfully been able to find a way distract myself from it. @@newbeginning77 are you able to get all your Protein with those measurements? How does your body tell you thay you're full?

I know I've had head hunger and thankfully been able to find a way distract myself from it. @@newbeginning77 are you able to get all your Protein with those measurements? How does your body tell you thay you're full?

im getting all my protein in still with my shakes i haven't really felt full yet because i don't think im allowing myself to eat enough to be full im just going by my nut guidelines says not to eat more than 1/4 c at a time until i progress to regular foods so i measure out and stop

Awesome, thank you for the input!