Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jamie Ponce De Leon and Bariatric Pal changed my life :)

I'd like to take this chance to write my BariatricPal testimonial for Dr. Jamie Ponce de leon.

I travelled to Mexico from Newfoundland, Canada, on February 2nd 2015 (I took my mother along for support). Lets start from the beginning:

1. David Lopez was amazing (even after a slight mix up that was quickly and efficiently fixed up with the help of David and Alex Brecher)

2. We arrived in San Diego around noon on February 2nd (myself, my mother, my friend Chandelle - who also was there for gastric sleeve- and Chandelle's husband). Big Robert was there to pick us up and bring us into Mexico.

3. We arrived at the INT Hospital and were so pleased. The place was clean, modern, and everyone was so friendly immediately. Everything moved so quick. As soon as I settled in my room the wonderful nurses were in hooking up my IV and prepping me for surgery. Little Robert arrived at the hospital and he was a GOD SEND to my mother. He would go with her for coffee and meals, and even sat in my room just to chat and keep us occupied.

4. Surgery time. I was beyond nervous, but they slipped me a lovely liquid in the IV and I quickly forgot all my fears (I even willingly walked into the ER and hopped up on the operating table).

5. Woke up from Surgery, felt like I was walking on clouds smile emoticon what a wonderful feeling!!!! I cannot stress how AMAZING the nurses and the surgery staff were.

6. Nauseous. Dear lord. Where did that come from? Walk? No thank you. But..they made me! I was administered two different drugs for nausea through my IV (the first didn't work but the second was great). Dr. Ponce de leon visited my room several times over the next few days to see how I was doing (he's so sweet) Okay, time to walk the halls. I'm fairly certain I walked that hallway 200+ times, at all hours of the morning. Unfortunately for me, the only way I could pass the gas (through belching) was if I walked, and as I belched, I would urge. God love the nurses working the overnight shift, they rubbed my back and clean up my Fluid vomit mess as I walked and belched. I have so much respect for those people.

7. Leak test. The first was a lovely blue drink. Nothing to it! The second leak test, god help me! But we survived!! No leaks, cleared for discharge!

8. Removal of the drain. I dreaded that from the day I booked surgery. NOTHING TO IT!

9. Myself and Chandelle decided we wanted to do something nice for the staff before we left. We ordered in 6 pizzas and some drinks. They were so thankful, but it was the least we could do. Those people are amazing.

10. Big Robert picks us up to head back to San Diego (after two nights in the hospital). He brought us to get our prescriptions filled, them waited for us outside of a Wal Mart smile emoticon

That's basically my surgery in a nut shell.

My SW was 288lbs
My CW is 222.2
Total lost to date (3 months post op) = 65.8

This was the BEST decision of my life!

Thank for BariatricPal and Dr. Jamie ponce de leon. The best decision of my life was made easy by you all!

Love from Newfoundland!

post-244710-0-33906800-1432837324_thumb.jpg

post-244710-0-60368400-1432837328_thumb.jpg

post-244710-0-62269300-1432837336_thumb.jpg

post-244710-0-49670600-1432837342_thumb.jpg

post-244710-0-77457000-1432837348_thumb.jpg