Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally got my surgery date of June 16. Nervous!

Excellent! My date is June 15.

I got mine for June 15.. Excited and ready.. But I don't want my job to know . Any suggestions.

. I got sleeved on may 11th. I originally kept it a secret and filed my FMLA paperwork with someone that I trusted. Now that I've had the surgery, I've had to tell people. My work is constantly having food days where everyone usually participates. In order to still be a team player, I had to tell them. The support has been great! Do what's best for you and good luck!!

Edited by Angie85

I only told 1 person at work. I think I'm gonna take a leave of absence. Not sure what kind of paperwork I'll need for this tho. I don't want to tell anyone.

Yay. I know your excited as well. I was real nervous but my surgeon was very confident in which I started to feel more at ease. Wish you lots of luck!!!

I'm scheduled for next week. I'm nervous too. I guess I'm getting the pre surgery jitters. I was so confident about this then BOOM I got a date and began second guessing myself. I know it's just nerves though so I'm sticking to what I was planning before my brain and emotions started to go haywire. :-) See you on the other side of the scale!

I'm scheduled for next week. I'm nervous too. I guess I'm getting the pre surgery jitters. I was so confident about this then BOOM I got a date and began second guessing myself. I know it's just nerves though so I'm sticking to what I was planning before my brain and emotions started to go haywire. :-) See you on the other side of the scale!

I'm feeling the same way. When I first started the journey I was like this is gonna take forever. Now I second guess myself and ask if this is really what I wanna do. I know it's nerves.

Finally got my surgery date of June 16. Nervous!

no need to be nervous it's the best thing ever. My surgery was yesterday morning ... Am home doing great and totally happy. No appetite, not hungry, so easy to follow Clear Liquids. You are going to do famously????????

I was sleeved April 20 and the worst part of my sleeve experience was the uncertainty before surgery. The surgery and recovery have been uneventful by comparison.

I'm feeling the same way. When I first started the journey I was like this is gonna take forever. Now I second guess myself and ask if this is really what I wanna do. I know it's nerves.

I talk to my bestie today and she calmed me and set me straight. She reminded me that I've lost 30 lbs before, the problem I s that that is precisely where I get stuck! Then I get frustrated and end up creeping back up. This is what I need and I know it.

I talk to my bestie today and she calmed me and set me straight. She reminded me that I've lost 30 lbs before, the problem I s that that is precisely where I get stuck! Then I get frustrated and end up creeping back up. This is what I need and I know it.
you will be fine. The nervousness is completely normal! I wasn't nervous until after my surgery, I felt like I made a huge mistake. It's now been about three weeks and I'm down over 20 pounds. It's tough to be on puree for three weeks but it's worth it. Best of luck!

I told the people at work , church and family. I want a strong support system. I believe it will make a big difference with my progress.