Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Years after Sleeve surgery - I have stopped losing

I need help, I am at my 2 years mark and I have lost 77 lbs. I want to lost another 10 but it has stopped. I was at 181 now I am at 185 very disappointing. I am getting depressed over it also my skin uggg I am 62 and the skin is a lot esp. on arms and inner thighs. I bought the book 5 day pouch test, I did find myself eating JUNK food (goes down easy) going to try this book and hope to get back on track of losing because I feel my clothing is tighter. Anyone else here going through this? E

Yes. I don't lose any more either. Granted I don't try real hard, but the easy weight loss stopped a long time ago. Now I stay within 3-4 pounds one way or another and it is quite manageable to maintain. I would like to lose another 10-15 pounds but it isn't important enough for me to put major effort into it.

Maybe it will just drop off by itself one day. If not I am good with what I've lost so far. If I lost more it would just be more saggy skin to deal with.

I just don't want to gain it all back. When a few pounds creep up I lay off the candy and they go away in a few days.

I could start walking or something to help my cause. I'm going to continue to give it some real thought:)

Sharon has it been 2 years for you also? Thanks for your words I think I am over thinking to were my clothes even feel tight. I really need to STOP EATING JUNK.

@@Ernestine Yes it was 2 years in March. I have excellent restriction when I eat decent food. Like just now - I put some steak and vegetables on my plate and started on the steak first. The Protein fills me up quickly. I cannot eat near as much of that as I could some cupcakes or ice cream. Sometimes it is more of an effort to lay off the sweets than it is to eat good stuff.

I do find that a few pounds gained is easily corrected if I try just a little.

Tomorrow will be my 2 year mark and I'm feeling pretty down. I've lost 90 pounds and have been at a stand still for quite some time. I've gained a bit as well (3-4lbs). I started at 332. I'd like to get under 200 but I'm feeling pretty hopeless lately. I'm worried I've even stretched my stomach a bit, but maybe it's also just easier to eat junk like you mentioned! If you all have any tips feel free to share! Thank you

I also feel the restriction when I eat Proteins, so thats a good thing but my control on the slider foods is real bad I need to really work on that I really want to go down 10 more lbs going to work on that now that its not so easy. TY

I'm in the same boat.

My stats are similar to yours. I had surgery July 2013 and have lost 77 pounds. I have about 40 pounds left to go. Last summer I had my gallbladder removed and then went on a family holiday which was very stressful - I gained 5 pounds and have taken almost a year to get it off! I started running but have recently stopped due to a successful aneurysm surgery. I am hoping to get back at it. I so desperately want the losing phase to be over. I do know when I am eating something I shouldn't be - I think for me the trick is to keep it very simple getting more exercise.

It takes alot of playing around with diets and exercise to find what is right combination for you. But the biggest thing that is motivating me now is I don't want to have gone through life changing surgery to not come full circle and reach my goal. So this year I WILL get to goal.

Good luck to you - be good to yourself!! Keep trying new things to break the cycle and get back on track.

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to mention the 5:2 eating plan that I read about in the veterans forum. There are quite a few who are using it to get off regained weight and to maintain. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your efforts!

I'm in the she spot ladies. Post opt 1 1/2 years. Down 105lbs then gained 105lbs back. Stalled about 6 months. Eating junk, no motivation. I know I'm going through depression that doesn't help.

Hello all! I'm Fiordaliza. It's been about 8 months for me and I've lost about 50 lbs and I've stopped! This has depressed me so. I need a motivator....any takers?

Let's mention the hair loss....not!

That's another notch for feeling depressed too! I need to stop eating the wrong foods and drink more proteins...suggestions???

????

this has happen to me also after 2 years ,I was never able to get below 160Lbs , but even worse I regained 30 lbs this past year. so please do be careful about what you eat, yes I know easier said then done trust me I know. as long as you feel good , and I mean healthy and your body is happy , you should be happy,

Wherever you are in your journey, if you aren't happy with your progress why not make an appointment with your NUT and go back to basics?

Are you still following your program?

Are you still getting in all of your Protein and Water every day?

Are you still taking your Vitamins and supplements?

Are you still avoiding starches (rice, Pasta, bread, etc.)?

Are you exercising regularly?

I am sure that after a while, most of us can get lax and return to some bad habits.

Make an appointment with your NUT. He or she may have some insights and tips to help you get back on track and either continue to lose weight or transition to a healthy maintenance.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

@@jstachic ... I would seriously love to learn more about how / why you gained 30 pounds.

I'm nearly 16 months post-op and maintaining easily at 138 pounds.

I'd LOVE to avoid gaining significant weight going forward, so if you have any specifics to share I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

VSGAnn2014

well it was super easy, It started with oh its ok to splurge sometimes , to binge eating ,I crave anything salty, still do but I'm thinking something medical is going on also .

I want to the hospital with abdominal pain vomiting(felt like my stomach and insides was tearing apart), Dr though maybe gaulbladder but he said the sonogram was clear,after the pain had subsided with no reason for pain I was sent home.he was nice enough to ask me if I wanted pepcid.

as I mentioned in a thread I posted yesterday CANT STOP EATING, I am literally able to eat anything and a lot more then just a few Oz,

burgers fries ,pizza, Pasta, bread, candy, chips, pop corn all bad,

but I do still eat cottage cheese veggies fruit yougurt Im very happy eating that stuff.

Im actually going to the shoppe now to buy Protein, or Atkins drinks my oldest daughter like those and she was able to lose weight,there just so expensive

Is nature valley granola bars ok for a snack?