Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

I still have quite a bit more lbs. to drop but I'm already in research mode for a plastic surgeon. I'm intrigued by the use of twilight instead of general anesthesia for multiple plastic surgery procedures. I've read that Drs. Gutierrez and Sauceda utilize this method. Are there any others that you know of?

I have a consult scheduled with Sauceda in Tyler, TX on 6/26. I want to meet the man that everyone gushes over. :D But I'm still holding out for Alex and crew to provide the promised updates regarding the all-inclusive Plastic Surgery packages too. I'm in Florida, so the DR is much closer, but...... the reviews are so mixed that I just gave up on searching for a doctor over there. I've also noticed that the prices have crept up extensively as the surgeons in MX have gained notariety. At this point, the only reason for me to still consider MX would be the use of twilight, which I think is a safer option for multiple procedures.

Any thoughts?

Ally

I went to Dr Sauceda in Oct 2013 and he was about 1/3 the price but included more care over USA based consults I did.

Since I get very sick from regular anesthesia but woke up refreshed from twilight I valued it. Also, it is why he xxx an do the jumbo surgeries... I was under for 9 hours.

Thanks CowgirlJane,

Your pictures are amazing. I'm scheduled to meet him next month while he is in Tyler, TX. I wasn't sure if twilight was the anesthesia of choice for most MX and DR physicians or just Sauceda and Gutierrez.

I would be thrilled to have my end result similar to yours!

I went to Dr Sauceda in Oct 2013 and he was about 1/3 the price but included more care over USA based consults I did.

Since I get very sick from regular anesthesia but woke up refreshed from twilight I valued it. Also, it is why he xxx an do the jumbo surgeries... I was under for 9 hours.

I even found one USA surgeon starting to use twilight for SOME procedures. It is controversial.

So, I was curious about your remark of the Mexican plastic surgeons being same price as USA. things must have really changed over the last 2 years...because that is not at all what i saw. I didn't go to Mexico due to cost alone though; for me there were alot of other factors including the 2 weeks close monitoring/aftercare which i valued.

Hey Cowgirl!

I remember reading that you met a doc that was starting to use twilight. I'm shaking my head, but I get it. We are so litigious. I’m in Florida and we have OBs here that dropped their malpractice insurance (because they’ve proven that they have the financial resources to deal with any lawsuits) because the costs were crippling them. They’ve been using nitrous oxide for labor and delivery in the UK for years. There are a few hospitals up north (mostly teaching hospitals I think) that actually offer it as an option. I think if we weren’t so litigious many alternative (healthier) treatment options would be available.

Now back to Mexico. I do think that with the popularity of Medical Tourism the docs’ prices have gone up. It happens. I live in Florida and we have tons of Plastic Surgeons here (remember Nip/Tuck) so the non-snooty ones without TV shows tend to be somewhat competitive. We also have three state universities with medical schools that offer discounted pricing (50% off) hence my comment about there no longer being such a disparity in pricing.

That being said, I prefer the work of the MX and DR surgeons. I don’t want to risk life and limb going under the knife to have a boxy, boyish figure. I want to get “snatched” as those RS girls say. In order to get that level of skill here, you are going to pay. That’s what makes things so difficult. I can get competitive pricing, but it’s not necessarily going to deliver the results (i.e. shape) I want. It just seems like the surgeons outside of the US have more of an appreciation for curves and allow you to look like a real woman.

Eh, just my 2.5 cents.

I even found one USA surgeon starting to use twilight for SOME procedures. It is controversial.

So, I was curious about your remark of the Mexican plastic surgeons being same price as USA. things must have really changed over the last 2 years...because that is not at all what i saw. I didn't go to Mexico due to cost alone though; for me there were alot of other factors including the 2 weeks close monitoring/aftercare which i valued.

Hey Cowgirl!

I remember reading that you met a doc that was starting to use twilight. I'm shaking my head, but I get it. We are so litigious. I’m in Florida and we have OBs here that dropped their malpractice insurance (because they’ve proven that they have the financial resources to deal with any lawsuits) because the costs were crippling them. They’ve been using nitrous oxide for labor and delivery in the UK for years. There are a few hospitals up north (mostly teaching hospitals I think) that actually offer it as an option. I think if we weren’t so litigious many alternative (healthier) treatment options would be available.

Now back to Mexico. I do think that with the popularity of Medical Tourism the docs’ prices have gone up. It happens. I live in Florida and we have tons of Plastic Surgeons here (remember Nip/Tuck) so the non-snooty ones without TV shows tend to be somewhat competitive. We also have three state universities with medical schools that offer discounted pricing (50% off) hence my comment about there no longer being such a disparity in pricing.

That being said, I prefer the work of the MX and DR surgeons. I don’t want to risk life and limb going under the knife to have a boxy, boyish figure. I want to get “snatched” as those RS girls say. In order to get that level of skill here, you are going to pay. That’s what makes things so difficult. I can get competitive pricing, but it’s not necessarily going to deliver the results (i.e. shape) I want. It just seems like the surgeons outside of the US have more of an appreciation for curves and allow you to look like a real woman.

Eh, just my 2.5 cents.

I love my Mexican curves :)

Dr. Sauceda -- LBL, arm lift, BL/BA, and neck lift

My surgery was a year ago and the price was far lower than the U.S.

Also, woke up after twilight feeling so rested and no pain.

Big pluses for Dr S: twilight, the good doctor himself, his gentle as an angel nurse Paty, the support of past patients, the support of surgery sisters, the doc's experience with massive weight loss patients (our skin and lymph systems are not the same), and the amount of time in the hospital (no same day and sent home).

post-169315-1432850468233_thumb.jpg

@@allycatt98 Ithank you for your compliments. At times I judge myself harshly but truth is...I have a rockin bod for someone on the verge of 51. .. I am eternally grateful.

I am not trying to sell anyone anything but I was very pleased with the entire Dr Sauceda experience. I dunno if there are better choices but I do know he is an excellent choice for massive weight loss patients. It sounds corny, but this man's calling is to help us look and feel normal. He respects massive weight loss and one of the few who will do skin removal on people who are still too big by social standards. He"gets" it.

CGJ,

I really wish more of his patients would post on Real Self for other hopefuls. It seems like they stick to the rival forum or Facebook. Sauceda has less than 20 reviews on RS, but I don't think any of them are negative -- which is an amazing feat. I really like his work and hope that I'm able to afford him. I guess I'll find out next month in Tyler, TX.... maybe

I'm kind of conflicted about going..... Even though he would probably operate on me, I'm not at my ideal weight and I have mixed feelings about the work he's done on some of the bigger girls. Their stomach is flat, but their result would've been so much better with more weight off. I feel like it would be a huge self esteem boost and I wouldn't have to worry about the sound of my stomach clapping every time I work out, but...... I want to be a knock-out after surgery. I don't plan on multiple rounds to address the same body part.

I don't know how often he comes to the states, so I think it would be a great experience to have a face-to-face meeting. But still... I don't know if that's worth using my airline miles (I have over 121k, my ticket to London was $70 :D) or paying the three to four hundred dollars for the ticket.

I may chicken out and just send him some nekkid pictures.

@@allycatt98 Ithank you for your compliments. At times I judge myself harshly but truth is...I have a rockin bod for someone on the verge of 51. .. I am eternally grateful.

I am not trying to sell anyone anything but I was very pleased with the entire Dr Sauceda experience. I dunno if there are better choices but I do know he is an excellent choice for massive weight loss patients. It sounds corny, but this man's calling is to help us look and feel normal. He respects massive weight loss and one of the few who will do skin removal on people who are still too big by social standards. He"gets" it.