Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All.

I had RNY on 5/4/15 with a weight of 245 so I'm exactly 3 weeks post - OP. And including the 3 day liquid diet, I have lost 25lbs. Admittedly the first couple of days were rough. A bit painful and I was prefer grumpy for a bout a week with nothing but Water and Protein Shakes. ( God bless my poor family) I was a GROUCH ????

When I was able to wear some soft food and exercise, my mood changed. I noticed though that old habits called to me .... Like watching TV and naturally wanting to snack and commercials with food of any kind made me long to put real food in my mouth. All of the things that got me here were still in my mind trying to convince my stomach that I was hungry. I tried to recognize that and learn from it so far.

I feel very lucky that I can easily achieve over 64oz water each day and pills and listed food items are going down without any problem . I was nervous with puréed food like potatos and oatmeal because I felt with the loose foods I could eat more than the restrictive Tablespoon ... I thought " oh no , was the surgery unsuccessful - why don't I feel full yet" I think my surgeon is just that good that the pouch wasn't too swelled from surgery and to accept that things were going well and that loose foods were just sliding through . Almost happily, once I introduced the pouch to Tuna.... That full feeling came quick as well as with eggs and a 1/4 piece of toast.

I'm going back to work tomorrow an am planning what to pack for the day / week.

3 weeks out and I am starting to feel like myself again .... Still a little sore and get fatigued easier but stronger every day!

I have my checkup this week and feeling all has gone well so far.

With one exception , there have been no issues ...

Sorry for the TMI but haven't had a BM in a week ( started taking Milk of Magnesia as authorized by doc. Yesterday) but still nothing ????

Starting to get nervous over this as well I should as I understand it. Let's hope this passes and fixes itself with a little help soon .

I'm happy to have found this site and all of your great posts have helped so much early in this journey ...

Thanks

e-

Nice job & welcome to the club!

Get with a group or therapist to talk about what's going on with your thoughts, you don't want to derail your progress.

Definitely invest in a food scale and prep your meals & Snacks the night before. I would pack extra/alternatives because you will be surprised to learn just because eating something goes well the first time it may not the 2nd or 3rd time.

Thanks inspirationSon !!!

We_Scotts .. Thanks and yes we are practically surgery twins.

So how do you feel after almost 4 weeks post op? Any challenges or troubles ? Have things been going as you hoped?

I am happy to be on week for foods ( with my surgeon ) this past week started fruits and soft veggies and white fish , tiny Pasta and Beans . It feels like more normal meal time.

My 3 week follow up was great. A once constantly out of control blood pressure is now perfect - no more BP meds. Yay !

I am starting to get over my longing for the food that got me in this mess.

pizza was my downfall ...

Hope you are doing well and hanging in there.

E-

I feel great. Still don't have a ton of energy and find myself needing naps regularly. But I have chronic anemia and Vitamin D deficiency, so can't totally blame the surgery still. Down 23 lbs, so no complaints here! Good luck to you!

Hello, I find this site very helpful. My revision surgery from lap band to gastric bypass. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I forgot to mention that my surgery is tomorrow June 19, 2015. I wasn't this nervous when I had the lap band, why is that? Only a few people know about my surgery my boss, one coworker and, some of my close family members. I didn't want to hear the negative comments from others about me doing the gastric bypass. Since, I had the band slippage and chose the gastric route. I know I have a journey ahead of me but, the way I look at it as getting healthy and being there for my daughter. I could really use all the support I can get right now.