Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was denied surgery through blue cross blue shield of tennessee.. I had to have a 5 year weight history and at the time i didnt have insurance only when medically neccessary well i had documentation of the five year weights but some were listed as stated weights... what an i do or what should i say on the appeal letter??? I am so sevestated i dont know what to do... any advice? do you think they mighjt accept these weights after i appeal? PLEASE HELP I AM SO DEVESTATED I FEEL LIKE MY HEALTH WILL DETERIATE WITHOUT THIS SURGERY!!!

I would contact Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy. You can google them for contact information! They're amazing!

Hopefully you get this bypassed and approved

Thank you I'm trying trust me and praying really hard it just sucks because I have the weights but because they are er visits they all say stated or estimated weight so I just don't know how it's going to work... I wrote an appeal as did my pcp I just hope it helps

Once again, I would remind all to contact Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy if you need to appeal. Even my bariatric surgeon's office recommends them to patient's needing assistance. The website is wlsappeals.com. Their success rate in getting denials overturned is phenomenal and their rates are so reasonable with your initial call being FREE! Trust me folks--it's totally worth the time to speak to them! Walter Lindstrom is a bariatric patient himself and has been doing this since 1996. He KNOWS how to do this!!!!

Thank you I have emailed them and am waiting for a call back :)

Awesome!!! You WON'T be sorry!!! Feel free to use my name -- Bobbe Schuster

Edited by Mrs. Schu

Walter Lindstrom filed my appeal yesterday after finally receiving all of my medical records. So now we wait to see what happens. Fingers crossed for reversal of the denial! Really anxious!

I must say I am in awe over the appeal letter. It is truly amazing! If you need help with your appeal, Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy is the only way to go. I never could have written anything this powerful!

Bobbe schu I pray you get approval. Fingers crossed!

You're so sweet! Thank you so much for thinking of me! Praying too!

Well denied again, so we appeal again! Lindstrom's were not surprised. Said this is exactly what was expected. Appears my appeal was reviewed by a PLASTIC SURGEON and admittedly agreed that band removal was necessary. So if removal was approved and my original surgery passed all criterion, why not approve the NEEDED revision?!!!! Stinks! But I press on!