Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food funeral is everyone having today? For me today it's a Klondike Bar.

Stsrt my 2 week pre op diet tomorrow so tonight I made homemade pizza for my family and I had a piece!!!

I'm 7 days into my 2 week pre-op. I had what felt like a whole week of food funerals. Pad Thai, steak, chicken Parmesan, all kinds of stuff. After 7 days of this diet, drinking Protein shakes is like taking medicine. It's a very weird feeling knowing it will be months before I eat a "normal" meal again. I just try to keep focused on why I am going through this and what will be gained.

On the upside, I had to go by my surgeon's office after 4 days of the diet and had already lost 12lbs.

I didn't have one. If you consume too much during your "food funeral" you'll just add more weight and have to lose more.

food funeral? More like a wake for me! I celebrated all my favs like it was my job...now I'm on day two of liquids and I can't believe how much emotional unnecessary eating I really do! Well, did. That was then....The mental funeral is a lot harder than I thought already! Every day one at a time and never forget why I'm-we- are here in the first place! Stay strong ????

I don't have a pre-op liquid diet, just the 3-month diet and I'm required to lose 10% of my excess weight (which I've already surpassed). So I have a list of restaurants or things that I love and every now and then I indulge and cross something off my list. I'm saving the big one for my food funeral right before surgery though, it's going to be New England clam chowder, fried clams and fried scallops (I live in Maine, I have to say goodbye to fried seafood!) and I'll be following it up with Milky Way ice cream.

My life has just been a food funeral lately, My surgery date is June 30th, and I've started to eat a "post-op" high Protein, low carb diet, but some days the pizza and pie and ice cream just call to me! Starting my liquids in two weeks and 4 days!

Just about to finish my 3rd week post op. The good news is that I don't miss any of it. I thought how horrible I won't be able to eat this or that etc. The truth is that after my Doctor cleared me to start eating things like chili and eggs, I don't even think about other foods. I am not hungry. I can only eat 3-4 ounces of food until I am full.

The fun part is that I went through my closet yesterday and got rid of my "fat pants". Since I really started focusing on my weight at Xmas, my waist is down 6 inches. I can fit into XXL shirts instead of 3X and 4X. Fried food can kiss my....well you know!

No food funerals for me. I guess I felt it would give that/those foods too much power and I'd think about it/them all the time. I researched all the healthy goodies I'd make and tried them out on the FAM until I was cleared. That said, I'm no angel, but the habits I have trouble with are too much as opposed to wrong stuff. I am liking eating more healthy stuff and make it a game to see bow I can replicate stuff my family likes into healthier versions for me.

But if I knew the world were ending tomorrow I'd go have Mexican, Sangria and Beignets.

I had a bunch of what I call "last suppers" over the past few months. My last day before my 10 day pre-op diet, I had a cookout and had some great food and drinks with friends. It was fun to Celebrate with people right before my Protein Shake start date on Memorial Day. Hasn't been too bad so far!! Extremely thankful for the 6 oz of solid Protein I'm able to have though each day!!! The 24 hour liquids before surgery will be tough tho. One more week! June 4! Starting to see the light at the end of this very long tunnel :)

Just about to finish my 3rd week post op. The good news is that I don't miss any of it. I thought how horrible I won't be able to eat this or that etc. The truth is that after my Doctor cleared me to start eating things like chili and eggs, I don't even think about other foods. I am not hungry. I can only eat 3-4 ounces of food until I am full.

The fun part is that I went through my closet yesterday and got rid of my "fat pants". Since I really started focusing on my weight at Xmas, my waist is down 6 inches. I can fit into XXL shirts instead of 3X and 4X. Fried food can kiss my....well you know!

That is encouraging thanks! I am ready to give up the bad stuff.

A coworker was sleeved 5 weeks ago, she says she craves raw veggies and salad like MAD. Our surgeon says no raw for 3 months so I've been eating raw veggies with spinach dip and salads.