Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you guys getting in all your Water? I'm not able to get it all in

I am 6 days post op. Yesterday I did much better with water. I literally sip 1/2 a bottle an hr except around meals.

I struggle. I find for me drinking out of a glass with ice helps. Not sure why. This journey is mind control in so many ways.

Yes.... Have you guys had any bowel movements yet? I've not so tonight I'm doing milk of magnesia

I'm taking the same thing tonight. I know some people have said they only have like 2 or 3 a week... that's gonna be something to get used to lol

I struggle. I find for me drinking out of a glass with ice helps. Not sure why. This journey is mind control in so many ways.

I can't drink out of a cuo. I kept trying to gulp the Water instead of sip lol

Hi everyone. My surgery was May 20th and it is hard to get all the Protein and Water in throughout the day. I am trying very hard as I don't want to get dehydrated either. I have not had a bowel movement as of yet and I am going to take MOM tomorrow.

Try sipping out of a med cup. 1 oz every 15 minutes . That would give you 1/2 cup an hour to keep you hydrated.

Once you get the Constipation issue fixed start taking a stool softener (Mirolax) to help keep things going.....being constipated can cause some uncomfortable issues if you don't keep on top of it.

I am less than 2 weeks post op and have already been to the infusion center for dehydration. no matter what i do i can't seem to get 64oz in. the most I've made it to is 32oz. HEEEELLPPPPP

It was hard the first few days after surgery to get all the Water in. My body just felt like not wanting it at all, or at least my mind did. But it slowly went away, and I have no problems getting all the Water in now (approx 40 days out of surgery).j

For BMs, it got easier as time went on for me. I take 3 servings of Benefiber though as well to help.

I started infusing my Water with a little fruit and cucumbers and it really helps give a little subtle taste to the water. I asked my Surgeons office to make sure it was ok and they have me the ok -

Water has never been a problem for me, neither pre-op or post-op; but I acknowledge that I am one of those weird people who actually enjoy Water. I prefer it plain, with or without ice cubes. I'll just echo what surgeons, doctors, and nutritionists say: carry a water bottle with you everywhere. Pick a big one that contains the day's goal (I use an 84-ounce one that I usually refill at least once!). Sip, sip, sip. Use Crystal Light or other sugar-free flavor powders or droplets to make it more palatable.

I have been fine with Water since the surgery, no issues at all I am drinking about 96 oz a day at a minimum I alternate between mio and plain water.