Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VENT: Caught off guard

I feel like I just need to whine to people who will understand.

I usually do a good job of keeping my "Teflon shields" up, to deflect verbal crap that has no effect on me. If a patient at work is being difficult, I remind myself that they are upset and in pain, and it really has nothing to do with me personally.

Until yesterday. I was caught off-guard with my Teflon down. One of my staff pointed out a review on vitals.com of our office. The word that was used to describe me was "behemoth."

Behemoth. A large horrendous monster.

Ouch.

You know, your comment comes right at a time in my day where I'm just getting damn tired of the "anything goes" mentality of online forums and social media. People have decided that because they are hiding behind a keyboard, they can write disgusting, vile things about other human beings. It's really disheartening for me, and unfortunately, with the rise of the internet and social media, it's not going to change anytime soon.

I'm really sorry for that person who thinks they can spew hateful insults to someone on an online review sight. And I'm more sorry for you and others who have to see it. Just know that you are much better than that low life who feels they need to degrade and name call to get their point across.

I know it hurts. We've all been there. And understand.

Ugh, people can just be awful! Specifically, people who use the anonymity of the internet to post extremely rude personal attacks that have nothing to do with the service that they're reviewing. I'm with @@Babbs, this online culture of nastiness is terrible.

I'm also annoyed on your behalf at your staff person for pointing it out to you!

I'm also annoyed on your behalf at your staff person for pointing it out to you!

I know, right?!

We all probably have a very long list of the comments that people have made, in writing or to our faces, about our physique that has cut us to the core. I feel your pain.

Honestly, the person who pointed it out to you is just as mean. They are unhappy people that need to make others look bad so they can look/feel good. Very sad. I consider it their problem, not yours.

Honestly, the person who pointed it out to you is just as mean. They are unhappy people that need to make others look bad so they can look/feel good. Very sad. I consider it their problem, not yours.

She actually misread it and thought it said "bohemian", not "behemoth".

Oh, well then that is different. Keep your chin up. Good luck.

@@Sharon1964,

I am so sorry! That is rude and absolutely ridiculous that someone would say that sort of thing.

Chalk it up to ignorance.

KABOOM! It's a direct hit......she's in the ditch. What a teeny tiny small-minded person she was to say that. I am sorry she stepped on your feelings. Don't give away your power or dignity. Besides........just wait. Karma is a bitch. :D

I

@@Sharon1964

It speaks VOLUMES about the MANY people in this world who behave like this. Their behavior/words are not a true representation of you. It is however a TRUE representation of how ugly THEY are on the inside.

Its actually been a great experience being a morbidly obese person to a more acceptable package. Does not matter what size you are. There will always be these type of people in the world. I choose to be a positive energy and build people up. It messes these types of people up even more when they know their negativity does not have an effect on you. I don't give people the time of day that knowingly tear people down to make themselves feel better. So many more wonderful thing in life to place my energy into. ;)

She actually misread it and thought it said "bohemian", not "behemoth".

Maybe the person who wrote it can't spell or had autocorrect change it from "bohemian." ;)

I feel like I just need to whine to people who will understand.

I usually do a good job of keeping my "Teflon shields" up, to deflect verbal crap that has no effect on me. If a patient at work is being difficult, I remind myself that they are upset and in pain, and it really has nothing to do with me personally.

Until yesterday. I was caught off-guard with my Teflon down. One of my staff pointed out a review on vitals.com of our office. The word that was used to describe me was "behemoth."

Behemoth. A large horrendous monster.

Ouch.

ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME!?!?!?!

What a f'ing moron!! I would kick them so hard in the ass, their teeth would bleed. I hate that person FOR you.

im so sorry people suck they really do

The anonymity of the Internet is a convenient shield that too many use to hide behind for the sole purpose of these types of vicious acts. It's like a drug, and it's tends to draw the worst of the worst when it comes to anonymous personal attacks, such as this one.

The only "behemoth" attributes I would attribute to you are your heart, your character, and your infinite compassion. Don't let one misguided individual occupy your mind for even one more second.