Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

food that you ate post op that made you sick. Please let me know what food to stay away from. . . . What

food did you eat that made you want to vomit ? Food that you think twice about before, you decide not to

eat that food.

Last evening i had too much ice cream/sorbet and i wanted to vomit and did. My stomach ached for

awhile. Dairy especially milk makes me sick to my stomach. It is unfortuneate because, I thought I would

get my Protein mostly from milk. I would greatly appreciate what foods you stay away from. . . . Thank you.

I'm 1 year and 7 months out and the foods I know will make me sick are milk fats (so any milk other than skim- except weirdly not all ice cream), Desserts that have a lot of sugar (a few bites of creme brullee is fine but more than that and I'm heaving), anything fried, anything that has been anywhere near butter, and anything cooked in any kind of oil. So basically everything that tastes good, which works out well for me, lol.

I have noticed I can have one or two bites of everything, but I can almost immediately tell from those two bites if something is making me sick and then I stop with plenty of time to spare before I actually get sick. As an example I bought a pressed juice today which had kale, spinach, pineapple, and apple- nothing that should have made me sick. A few sips in I realized the pineapple probably had too much sugar, so I got rid of the drink and I was fine. A few more sips and I would have been heaving. It's really all about what your stomach does and doesn't like. You learn to adapt.

Good luck!

What makes you sick one week might sit fine with you the next. Also remember everyone is totally different. Everybody's little Frankensleeve has a different personality so it's really hard to judge what your little monster will handle until you try it. :)

Just try lots of stuff in small amounts and even if it makes you sick, i suggest to try it again in a couple of weeks and see how you go. My tolerances are constantly changing as i get further post-op (nearly 4 wks now)

Asparagus was a NO, Rice is a No. Noodles are a Nope. Um this could go on and on. I keep trying a bite or two of rice and go Karen Carpenter.

Over six months post op and I only have two things that make me very ill - milk and lunch meat. Milk makes me dump and lunch meat gives me reflux. I think it may be the nitrates in the lunch meat.

It seems like many of us have milk as a worst food. I've tried lactaid and powdered milk to no avail.

I've been getting my Protein from eggs and Beans.

I ate an egg roll which , was fried and it didn't bother me !! I was surprised about this. . . . .

coffee doesn't taste as good as it used to taste so I don't even bother buying or making coffee. I can have

about two sips of coke and that is it.

Cottage cheese is great for me and so is applesauce . Those two things agree with my stomach.

Stomach does not like noodles, Pasta, and especially, bread. I can tolerate toast and pizza !!

Milk doesn't make me sick, per se, but its not comfortable. Mixing crackers with soft cheese is a no for me, and musli Cereal immediately came back up. Other than that I can tolerate everything with no dumping

Everyone is so different. If something does not set well, I try to avoid it for a while. I have learned in the 4 months post surgery breads and Pasta are my worst. They fill me up too fast and I'm miserable. oatmeal does not want to move so I avoid it all together. I have also learned that not drinking (minimally 30-45min) before I eat helps.

Ballpark food: hot dogs, sausages - even without the bun. Started packing my own food when I go to Giants games.

Greek gyro from the diner, bacon :(

And a sip of a chocolate milk shake have all made me violently ill.

In the beginning, I could not tolerate retried Beans.

Anything sugary makes me retch. I can't handle bread or Pasta I cannot tolerate chicken breast in any form. Hamburger makes me feel pretty sick.

Edited by JCP